Full-time, Remote, Exempt
About Rewiring America
Rewiring America is the leading electrification nonprofit, focused on electrifying our homes, businesses, and communities. We develop accessible, actionable data and tools, and build coalitions and partnerships to make going electric easier for households and communities. Rewiring America helps Americans save money, tackle nationwide emissions goals, improve health, and build the next generation of the clean energy workforce. We believe in an abundant, flourishing, climate-safe future, and know that, together, we can realize one.
We are seeking an Operations Coordinator to join our growing Operations team. This position reports to the Deputy Chief of Staff.
In this newly-created position, the Operations Coordinator is principally responsible for managing the day-to-day aspects of our contracts and invoicing processes. The Operations Coordinator will work closely with the Operations Manager to ensure new contract requests are processed quickly and efficiently and that invoices are submitted to our fiscal sponsor for on-time payment. The Operations Coordinator may also work on additional administrative tasks to support the Operations and Chief of Staff teams. The Operations Coordinator must have excellent communication and organization skills.
What You’ll Do
Be part of a team of operational excellence
- Service-Oriented Mindset: Address staff and vendor needs on the contracts and invoicing fronts.
- Solution-Oriented Approach: Collaborate with the Operations Manager to find answers to scenarios that fall outside the realm of the usual contract process.
- Learning-Oriented Attitude: Assist in making sure staff understand the contract process and what to expect.
Contract and Invoice Management
- Process all new contracts
- Collaborate with departments, the contractor, and our fiscal sponsor to collect all pertinent information
- Set up the contractor in the vendor portal
- Work with the Operations Manager and fiscal sponsor to address any questions, flags, legal issues, etc. that may arise
- Review and process contractor invoices and expense reimbursements
- Communicate with contractors about contract and payment timing
- Monitor contract deadlines and compensation/expense caps limits
- Coordinate contract amendments and extensions with our fiscal sponsor
- Order and track tech packages for new staff
- Partner with the People & Culture team to onboard new team members
- Assist with reconciling departmental receipts in expense management platform
- Assist with All Staff retreat planning for our team
- File contracts and other documents in the departmental system once signed
Who You Are
The incoming Operations Coordinator will be driven by their commitment to Rewiring America’s values, vision and mission. The Operations Coordinator will have a zeal for working in the contracts world, a knack for getting all the details right, and above all: enjoy working with staff across the organization on all their contract needs.
The Operations Coordinator will join a team that operates with a sense of urgency and a track record of success across the fields of science, technology, business, policy, and politics.
The successful candidate demonstrates a passion for being an Operations Coordinator and models excellence and integrity in all they do. This role will be a forward-facing role to the rest of the organization so the ideal candidate will have an exceptional knack for helping their teammates get the information they need in a speedy and professional manner. The selected candidate will also possess the following Core and Preferred qualifications and characteristics:
- Strong commitment to the mission, policies and goals of Rewiring America.
- Collaborative and low ego work style.
- A zen mindset, being comfortable with there always being more contracts to come that will need processing.
- Excellent references demonstrating a strong track record in highly-organized and detail-oriented coordination.
- Familiarity with financial aspects of Operations, including but not limited to invoicing and expenses.
- Facility with technology to support remote team work.
- Data entry or hygiene assistance as needed
- Familiarity with financial and payroll systems like Concur and ApprovPay.
- Familiarity with work systems like Google ecosystem, Asana, Adobe, and Dropbox.
- Content knowledge or interest in climate, renewable energy, and/or building electrification.
The salary range for this position is $65,000 – 90,000 USD, commensurate with experience. Our comprehensive benefits package that includes 100% employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance for employees (and their families). Employees are able to enroll in 401k retirement plan and are eligible for a 3% automatic contribution and up to a 3% employer match on 401k contributions. Employees are also eligible for pre-tax transportation benefits. Employees will receive 160 hours of vacation time, 80 hours of health leave, up to 2 days of casual leave, and 20 hours of volunteer leave annually. Employees will also receive 13 paid holidays throughout the calendar year. Employees are also provided with two additional days off during Presidential and Congressional elections. We have an office closure between Christmas and New Year. Regular, full-time employees and part-time employees are eligible for up to sixteen weeks of paid family and medical leave on day one of employment. We offer access to professional development resources.
Commitment to Racial Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
Rewiring America values diversity in all its forms and is committed to inclusive and transparent recruitment, hiring and promotion processes. Candidates of diverse backgrounds and lived experience are strongly encouraged to apply.
Rewiring America is a project of Windward Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. Windward Fund is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. Windward Fund ‘s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
To apply or nominate a candidate, please submit an application and resume via the Rewiring America page at Workable.This position is open until filled, and we are moving quickly to fill this position — apply as soon as possible. Candidate review and phone screens begin immediately and will be conducted throughout the search period.
Windward participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with employees’ Form I-9 information to confirm authorization to work in the United States. Job candidates and employees authorized to work may not be discriminated against on the basis of national origin or citizenship status.
To center the safety and well-being of its employees, Windward Fund requires that any employee who is required to conduct in-person activities for their job must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 within four weeks of their start date. Accommodations may be sought and approved in accordance with the law by contacting human resources at [email protected].