Do you want to contribute to solving one of the most critical issues of our generation? Join us in accelerating the transition to a water-secure world.
Waterplan is a fast-growing startup in the Climate Tech space that develops the world’s leading B2B Enterprise SaaS platform for companies to measure, respond to, and report companies’ increasingly changing water risks. See our latest WEF video.
We are looking for a Payroll and Administration Specialist to join our fully remote Finance team at Waterplan.
We are a dedicated and talented team with ambitious growth goals for the next few years. You will work hand in hand with Olivia Cesio, Co-Founder and COO at Waterplan.
At Waterplan, you will have the chance to work at the forefront of our industry and with world-leading water and sustainability experts. If you are interested in the Climate Tech space and in growing the Climate Water Resilience category, you have an entrepreneurial spirit and a lot of drive; we want to get to know you!
About your core focus
We are looking to standardize, streamline, and automate our payroll and payroll-related processes. We are setting up the Payroll and Administration department from scratch. Therefore you will not only be responsible for processing payroll for collaborators but will be setting up, together with the company COO all the collaborator-related processes in place. You will have high exposure to the company’s Finance, People, and Legal teams.
In addition, the Payroll and Administration Specialist will provide administrative support to the Operations departments (People, Finance and Legal) as needed.
- Set up company payroll-related processes.
- Process payroll for all collaborators, including calculating salaries, wages, bonuses, and deductions
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date collaborator records, including personal information, compensation information, and tax withholdings.
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal payroll and tax laws.
- Process and maintain employee benefit programs such as health insurance, and other employee benefits
- Administer the time and attendance policy and paid leave policy for all employees.
- Measure, monitor, and continuously improve companywide payroll services’ effectiveness with internal stakeholders and external service providers.
- Lead payroll transformation activities to harmonize payroll processes and enhance automation services for a nationwide, distributed, fast-growing collaborator population.
- Prepare and submit payroll reports to management and finance as needed.
- Provide administrative support to the HR, Legal, and Finance departments, including maintaining files and documents.
- Help with other Operations-related tasks and projects as needed.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or related fields
- 3+ years of experience in Operations or Payroll and benefits administration. Startup experience is a plus.
- Familiarity with Gusto, Deel, and HRIS systems
- Prior experience collaborating and creating solid relationships with internal company stakeholders and external vendors.
- Must have the ability to handle and prioritize many projects simultaneously and successfully meet goals and deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise good judgment
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and independently
- Proficient user of Google Sheets
- Ability to flex and quickly adapt to multiple high and potentially shifting priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Advanced English
At Waterplan, you’ll enjoy:
- Our Mission. We are building something big; you will be part of an ambitious and impactful company focused on achieving one of the primary global sustainable development goals.
- Our Spirit. We are creating something that has never been done before. The entrepreneurial spirit of our team is driving a profound transformation of the water sector.
- Our Team. Our team is our most valuable asset. Waterplanners bring together three worlds: technology, water, and science. They are distributed worldwide, bringing their unique perspective to solve complex water resource challenges.
- Our Values: Think Long Term, Iterative Excellence, Thoughtful Discussion, and Make Others Successful.