Talespin is building the platform to transform talent development and skill alignment for the future of work. Our spatial computing products deliver a new standard for learning and workforce data, empowering organizations and individuals to make better talent and career decisions. We are looking for an experienced interactive media designer to join our team and help drive our mission to transform the way humans learn, work and collaborate.
The Performance Designer is responsible for bringing virtual performances to life for interactive experiences across various projects within the Learning Experience Design (LXD) team. This is a key role in the creation of dynamic conversational content in which learners practice role play with emotionally realistic virtual humans. The technical areas of focus are production of interactive voiceover (VO) and digital puppeteering. The Performance Designer should be equally comfortable executing these tasks directly and leading similar work done with internal or external collaborators.
In this role you will:
- Work in coordination with Producers and the LXD team to develop and implement best practices for planning, organizing, and executing virtual human performances.
- Record, edit, process, organize, and commit modular sets of audio files for complex, non-linear narrative VO, ensuring adherence to technical specifications.
- Perform expressive animation of virtual human characters using our CoPilot Designer “no-code” authoring tool, to convey intended emotional tone of narrative design.
- Coordinate with external vendors to secure talent, facilities, and equipment as called for.
- Ensure all deliverables meet quality expectations and scheduled deadlines.
- Identify risks and drive successful resolution in support of assigned tasks.
- Collaborate and communicate with the project team, providing updates as needed.
Experience we are looking for:
- 4+ years of experience working in an Audio Technician, Animator, and/or Producer role.
- Bachelor’s degree in digital arts, theatrical performance, or a similar field is preferred.
- Experience with VO recording and audio production is required, preferably for interactive products.
- Practical knowledge of audio equipment and related production tools (e.g. Pro Tools).
- Background in both sound design and character animation would be highly desirable.
- Familiarity with mobile application and AR/VR/XR development is a definite plus.
- Expert organizational, documentation, communication skills and high attention to detail.
- Understanding of project schedules, dependencies, and time management.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to act with a sense of urgency.
- Familiarity with agile methodologies and tools (e.g. Jira) preferred.
*This is a 6-month commitment and the hourly range for this role is $31.73 to $36.06 and final offers are determined using multiple factors including experience and level of expertise. This position may also be eligible for an annual company performance based-bonus and/or a quarterly performance bonus. Talespin complies with applicable law regarding pay transparency