At Xplor, we help businesses succeed by equipping them with the software, payments, and commerce-accelerating technologies they need to thrive. We know our clients and partners because we once were a client, so we understand their industry, customers, and unique goals. We offer software solutions in fast-growing ‘everyday life’ verticals such as Childcare & Education, Fitness & Wellbeing, Field Services and Personal Services, along with a global, cloud-based payments processing platform. This provides the foundation which enables our clients to focus on what they do best – engaging with customers and growing their businesses. Our Xplorers act as extensions of our clients’ teams, with a comprehensive suite of technology, payments capabilities, and value-added services proven to deliver on our mission. With operations in North America, Australasia, Europe, and the UK, we serve over 82,000 businesses that process over $27 billion in payments annually across 158 countries.
Xplor Pay, a division of Xplor Technologies, is seeking an organized and enthusiastic Business Analyst (BA) to join a growing Product team. In this role, you will work closely with engineering and a broad set of internal teams to implement features and enhancements on our Horizon settlement platform specifically supporting balancing, reconciliation, and settlement activities which are critical to our core processing business. You’ll partner closely with the Finance team to streamline the daily balancing and reconciliation framework, leading to increased precision, traceability, and control outcomes. To thrive in the role, you will need to develop a deep understanding of the core transaction lifecycle, take ownership of gathering business, customer, and system requirements, and identify enhancement opportunities. You will then assist in the design of solutions to address those needs which will be subsequently translated to development teams for delivery. The ideal candidate will possess knowledge of the merchant acquiring payments ecosystem and reconciliation best practices, in addition to having experience with agile methodologies. This BA will work with technical teams as an important conduit in conveying business objectives when executing against the product roadmap sprint-over-sprint.
To succeed in this role, you will:
- Be proficient in product capabilities and exhibit clear and current knowledge of product enhancements and roadmaps.
- Continuously identify, quantify, and prioritize opportunities to eliminate manual operational tasks to improve workflow and efficiency, particularly on issues that pose financial risk to the organization.
- Possess an analytical mindset with a curiosity to resolve reconciliation discrepancies and identify opportunities to prevent out of balance conditions, particularly related to complex financial transactions that flow through the full transaction lifecycle (e.g., authorization, clearing, settlement, refunds, rejects, reversals, disputes, etc.) where funds flow through and to multiple parties.
- Be comfortable working with large data sets for troubleshooting and research, creating visualizations to tell the story of your findings and drive concepts for future enhancements or resolution of current irregularities.
- Facilitate requirements gathering sessions with business stakeholders and other end users to identify and document pertinent product business requirements, in addition to leveraging data analytics and market trends to develop thorough and concise requirements in the form of a Business Requirements Document (BRD).
- Create supporting materials such as workflow diagrams and wireframes to effectively communicate business objectives, concepts, requirements, and acceptance criteria to a technical development team ensuring successful end-to-end delivery of solutions.
- Lead discussions on current and desired end-states, applying a deep understanding of data and technology design, and determining key decision points.
- Ensure high quality of requirements to drive more accurately sized user stories to increase confidence and alignment of delivery milestones.
- Perform business requirement Acceptance Testing as a quality gate, confirm feature and functionality testing for designated area of focus.
- Analyze and provide continuous recommendations on business solution design.
- Participate in agile ceremonies such as daily stand-ups, sprint planning, and and refinement.
- Work with product management on release planning and create internal product release notes and documentation for dissemination.
- Serve as a key liaison between business stakeholders and scrum teams to prioritize the backlog and monitor deliverables to ensure delivery on the overarching strategy, roadmap, and milestones.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 2-5 years of professional experience in business analysis, finance, reconciliation, or related field
- Advanced data analysis skills and expertise
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstratable critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills
- Outstanding relationship building and negotiation skills
- Solid multi-tasking and organizational skills with acute attention to detail
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about us and our products, please visit www.xplortechnologies.com/us/careers.
Xplor is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We’re dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community.
All Information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Xplor is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. In keeping with our commitment, Xplor will take the steps to assure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. Accordingly, if reasonable accommodation is required to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of the position, and/or to receive all other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact us at [email protected]
We’re also committed to replying to each application and look forward to getting in touch with you soon.