What if you could use your technology skills to develop a product that impacts the way communities’ hospitals, homes, sports stadiums, and schools across the world are built? Construction impacts the lives of nearly everyone in the world, and yet it’s also one of the world’s least digitized industries, not to mention one of the most dangerous. That’s why we’re looking for an experienced Technical Product Manager to join Procore’s journey to revolutionize a historically underserved industry.
As a Technical Principal Product Manager, for our Engineering Excellence organization, you’ll lead critical strategic initiatives at Procore to evolve our engineering practices for Observability, ESRE, Incident Management and Cost and Performance management, You’ll define and lead product strategy and roadmap for our Observibility pipelines &, developer tooling for out-of-the-box observability, cost management/optimization of services, our incident management processes and support our development teams with embedded SRE, we would love for you to join us!
This position will report to the VP, Product Development Platform & Ecosystem, with the opportunity to be located in the Austin, TX office. Remote candidates will be considered based on experience with the expectation of occasional travel to our other offices. We’re looking for someone to join our team immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Help define and execute on our observability strategy and evolve our product vision and roadmap for Procore’s developer journey
- Engage with development teams to empower them to own the operation of their services including deployments, triage, maintenance, and monitoring.
- Mentor teams to build for reliability and foster a culture of operational excellence.
- Deliver a self-service platform that enables insights into the health, cost efficiency, and state of Procore services and the business
- Collaborate with operations & engineering teams, application developers, management and infrastructure teams to assess near- and long-term monitoring needs
- Implement, maintain, and consult on the observability and monitoring framework that supports the needs of multiple internal stakeholders.
- Keep an eye on the emerging observability tools, trends and methodologies, and continuously enhance our existing systems and processes.
- Assist with driving monitoring and observability standards to improve the customer experience of mission critical applications, services, and business processes with a strong focus on the end-to-end journey.
- Use incidents to generate insights that lead to systemic improvements throughout the Procore engineering organization.
- Optimize our spend on cloud and observability services, by monitoring costs across teams and driving programs for cost savings.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or comparable work experience, Master’s degree is preferred
- 7+ years of Product Management experience or equivalent experience
- 2+ years experience with cloud native technologies such as Kubernetes, Prometheus, OpenTelemetry, Fluentbit ,and other CNCF projects
- Experience with driving incident response programs in large organizations and using tools such as Blameless and Opsgenie.
- 4+ years experience with monitoring and observability tools and methodology of products such as; Splunk , Sumo Logic, New Relic, Nobl9, Elasticsearch, Dynatrace, Graphite, Grafana, Prometheus, Datadog etc.
- Previous experience defining, creating, and supporting monitoring dashboards for delivery teams.
- Solid understanding of performance metrics, KPIs, statistical calculations, machine learning, and correlation.
- Have extensive experience with metrics and logging libraries and aggregators, data analysis and visualization tools.
- Hands-on experience with Cost analysis tools and models, and ability do identify and drive operational cost saving across teams.
- You must possess strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills with the proven ability to communicate effectively at all levels, internally and externally, and across diverse geographies and leveraging remote teaming technologies.
- Consistent use of strong verbal and written communication skills to influence outcomes
Base Pay Range $160,000-$220,000. Eligible for Bonus Incentive Compensation. Eligible for Equity Compensation. Procore is committed to offering competitive, fair, and commensurate compensation, and has provided an estimated pay range for this role. Actual compensation will be based on a candidate’s job-related skills, experience, education or training, and location.About Us
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes, and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic, and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
If you’d like to stay in touch and be the first to hear about new roles at Procore, join our Talent Community.