ABOUT THE COMPANY
Apria Healthcare’s mission is to improve the quality of life for our patients at home. We are looking for empathetic, thoughtful, and compassionate people to meet the needs of our patients. Already an industry leader in healthcare services, we provide home respiratory services and select medical equipment to help our patients sleep better, breathe better, heal faster, and thrive longer.
This position is responsible for a segment of the procurement function (i.e. Indirect or Direct). Working with business owners, the Procurement Manager will develop strategies to drive lower cost, process improvement, and improve efficiency for the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with key internal/external stakeholders across the organization to develop and implement cost savings negotiations strategies. Lead projects and initiatives geared towards reducing consumption and delivering lower piece pricing.
- Works with Executive Mgmt. to develop business unit and/or corporate-wide strategies that align with Company goals and objectives.
- In collaboration with business stakeholders, develops and administers Request for Proposals (RFP) for new and existing spend initiatives.
- Negotiates directly with current and existing suppliers to maintain best value and service.
- Evaluates competing proposals and supplier offerings to ensure that Company is receiving the appropriate level of quality product/services at the best possible price; ultimately to deliver the best Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) for the business.
- Monitors compliance with all inventory purchasing agreements to ensure maximum cost savings.
- Ensures project deadlines and performance standards are established and met.
- Evaluates the current supply base and develops new or existing suppliers to support future requirements.
- Works with Legal and AP personnel to ensure that Company is adequately protected in legal contracts from compliance, regulatory, and business risk.
- Serves in an advisory capacity to field locations to help support local/regional demand.
- Assist in the resolution of supply problems to ensure uninterrupted service to the field organization.
- Performs other duties as required.
- This position manages all direct reports of the department and is responsible for the performance management, hiring, and discipline of direct reports within the department.
- Provides direction and guidance in work assignments.
- Provides timely coaching and feedback to staff.
- Ensures work assignments are completed accurately, efficiently, and timely.
Minimum Required Qualifications
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Education and/or Experience
- Education or experience equivalent to a four-year college degree is required.
- At least six years’ related experience is desired.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Outstanding verbal and written communicator: demonstrated ability to simplify complex ideas, tell a compelling story using data, and create and deliver compelling presentations for senior leadership.
- Exemplary relationship builder and team player: experience building successful partnerships and influencing stakeholders and colleagues, with direct authority, to drive projects forward.
- Accomplished problem solver: creative yet pragmatic, with ability to effectively problem-solve anticipated and unexpected challenges.
- Strong results driver: consistently delivers flawless execution and high-quality deliverables despite ambiguity, at time managing simultaneous projects with competing priorities.
- Excellent strategic thinker: ability to synthesize multiple inputs, use incomplete information to get to crux of issue, and step back and see bigger picture.
- Decision-making skills.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional Designations
- Intermediate skills in Access, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, Visio, Word
- English (reading, writing, verbal)
- Intermediate level mathematical proficiency, with a strong ability to understand, interpret and develop spreadsheet data.
This is a stationary position that requires frequent sitting or standing, repetitive wrist motions, grasping, speaking, listening, close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus. It also may require occasional lifting, carrying, walking, climbing, kneeling, bending/stooping, twisting, pulling/pushing, walking, bending, stooping, and reaching above the shoulder. This position also may require the occasional lifting of equipment up to 50 lbs.
The essential duties and responsibilities, physical requirements, and work environment described above are representative of those typically required for this position but may vary depending on staffing and business needs at specific locations. The inclusion or omission of a specific duty or physical requirement is, therefore, not determinative of whether that function is essential to a specific individual’s position. Reasonable accommodations will be provided to assist or enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Comprehensive benefits package offered for eligible employees:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Healthcare Flexible Spending Accounts and Healthcare Savings Accounts
- Life, AD&D and Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off, including Vacation, Personal Time, Paid Sick Leave & Paid Holidays
- 401K Savings Plan (available immediately)
- Educational Assistance
- Employee Referral Reward Program
- Employee Discount Programs
- Company Paid Employee Assistance Plan (available immediately)
- We recognize our veterans by offering a company paid day off for Veterans Day
- Career Advancement/ Development Opportunities
- Compensation is commensurate with experience.
- Annual compensation is based on a 40 hour week.
As an EOE/AA employer, Apria Healthcare is committed to providing all applicants and employees with equal access to employment opportunities, regardless of sex, race, age, color, national origin, disability, pregnancy, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Apria Healthcare shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. AA/EOE, M/F/Disability and Vet