Who are OnBuy?
OnBuy are an online marketplace who are on a mission of being the best choice for every customer, everywhere. We have recently been named as Europe’s number one fastest-growing eCommerce company by the Financial Times. An achievement we are very proud of, but we don’t let that go to our head. We are all laser focused on our mission and understand the huge joint effort ahead of us needed to succeed.
Working at OnBuy:
We are a team of driven and motivated people who thrive when working at pace. To succeed at OnBuy you need to take charge and fully own your responsibilities, rolling your sleeves up when needed to ‘get it done’. Working at OnBuy you are surrounded by so much opportunity, but you must possess the ability to stay focused and prioritise ruthlessly. Most importantly, you will thrive in an ever-changing environment as we are constantly evolving.
At OnBuy, you’re not just a number or another cog in a machine. We are creating something really special and you have the opportunity to affect meaningful change, have your voice heard. We are a close team, who have the opportunity to learn and grow as OnBuy evolves. We work in a flexible way, meaning we can prioritise our health and relationships, but when we are working, we graft.
What will the Product Analyst be responsible for?
You will play a crucial role in optimising and enhancing our two-sided retail marketplace. You’ll be responsible for gathering and analysing data, deriving actionable insights, and collaborating with cross-functional teams to drive product improvements for our customers and retailers.
We are looking for someone who has worked in prior roles such as product analytics, marketing analytics, conversion rate optimisation where attention to detail and quantitative analysis were paramount.
This person enjoys working in a fast-paced highly performant business environment with short feedback loops and can distil down complex analytical work down to a broad range of stakeholders.
- Carry out exploratory analysis on large user behaviour, transactions, and platform performance datasets to uncover opportunity to improve a wide range of business outcomes.
- Build strong relationships with senior leaders to shape the product roadmap without being afraid to challenge and propose new ideas that cut to the core problems we are trying to solve.
- Work with teams to define and report on key metrics that move the needle on our objectives.
- Inform, design, and evaluate large online experiments (AB tests) to measure the causal effect of new strategic hypotheses. However equally recognise when a situation isn’t suitable for traditional experiment approaches and suggest alternatives.
- Effectively visualise and present your analytics into tools like LookerStudio, Tableau to communicate insight.
- Promote data literacy across the organisation and enable self-serve analytics to democratise insight where possible.
- Collaborate with other members of the Data Platform team to shape the strategy, tooling and techniques used by the squad.
- Previous experience in an analyst role, ideally product analytics, marketing analytics, conversion rate optimisation.
- At least 2 years of experience dealing with large volumes of data.
- A BSc in Mathematics, Economics, Statistics or related field.
- Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on product development and opportunity sizing.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent SQL skills are vital to work with our data platform based in Google BigQuery.
- Experience with tools like DBT to help the team build out reproducible analytics.
- An understanding of ELT tooling and orchestration tools like Airflow would be of benefit.
- Experience working with both 1st and 3rd party web analytics platforms such as Google Analytics 4, Contentsquare.
- A solid foundation of statistical principals and a broad range of analytical techniques.
The salary range on offer for this role is £40,000 – £50,000 per annum, depending on experience.
In return for helping us to grow, we’ll offer you company equity. That’s on top of your salary and in addition to our other benefits.