Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We’re fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.
Wish is seeking a Senior Design Manager to help manage product designers and design leads on the Consumer Growth team. We’re well-positioned to generate impact across the entire customer shopping journey, by improving all parts of the buyer funnel from organic acquisition to onboarding and activation, followed by retention and referrals.
We frequently collaborate together by examining data to identify assumptions, brainstorming and ideating on potential experiments and testing them rigorously to improve overall business growth and user experience. You will help your squads realize our global vision and deliver best-in-class product experiences while ensuring that our products work together seamlessly.
Who you are
- You are business-oriented with strong management experience and knowledge in design. You are product-driven and not afraid to make bold decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- You’re insights-driven. You welcome assumptions with data-driven insights. Whether qualitative or quantitative, you appreciate the balance of both to help you feel confident in your decision making.
- You’re curiosity-driven. You’re someone with endless curiosity, always asking questions about data, and turning them into ideas to experiment and help validate your many assumptions.
- You’re impact-driven. You feel the most challenged when there’s a huge task ahead of you. Your growth-mindset enables you to welcome any said challenge. Being able to make an impact at a great scale is what keeps you going.
- You’re user-driven. You prioritize customers in every decision. You know that it’s a great opportunity to make a huge business impact, but you can’t do it without making sure the overall customer experience is left in a better state than you first found it.
- You know how to hire excellent people. You’re able to create the systems for you (and others) to evaluate and hire designers effectively.
- You set the bar high. You know what excellent craftsmanship looks like and how to help product teams ship at that quality with a balance of speed.
- You have excitement for building team culture, hiring and promoting design education within the greater organisation.
What you’ll be doing
- Manage and coach product designers. You are familiar with design career growth and can create opportunities for members of your team. Strike a balance between giving your designers space to flourish, while gently nudging them toward achieving their goals. Share constructive feedback on personal growth and technical execution during 1:1s and design critique.
- Collaborate, influence, and negotiate with cross-functional stakeholders and executive management on critical matters of policy, operations, and product development process.
- Advocate for user experience, product consistency, and design excellence. Builds connection points across teams to provide visibility and insight.
- You’ll be working with product managers, designers, engineers, researchers, marketers, external partners, etc. Identify team needs and help guide the design team to develop appropriate processes and frameworks to drive team efficiency.
- Work closely with design leadership to ensure a cohesive user experience across all products.
- Represent and advocate for the team’s priorities during the development process, including release planning, user story grooming, and backlog management.
- You will advocate for our user-experience, product design consistency, customer voice, and design excellence.
- Ensuring team members are creating high-quality work that delights our users, meets company objectives, and reinforces our brand across the product through useful feedback and critique
- 8+ years experience in a fast-paced and dynamic design environment
- 2+ years managing design teams in the development of software products
- Consistent track record of coaching talented designers to achieve their best performance.
- Deep knowledge and applied experience in graphic design (layout, typography, colour).
- Willing to roll up your sleeves and perform a wide variety of research-related tasks, including conducting workshops
- A track record of leading design teams through successful product launches across iOS, Android, Web & Mobile Web.
- A diverse portfolio across web and mobile that reflect critical thinking and design excellence.
Not located in the Bay Area? Remote work is acceptable!
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.