Super Dispatch is looking for an experienced Product Designer with a growth mindset who can quickly run experiments within the Super Dispatch platform. As a Product Designer at Super Dispatch, your number one job is to solve our customers’ problems. You will work closely with product managers and engineers to iterate and build a usable, helpful, and delightful experience that your team can launch.
- Own the user design experience from end-to-end, including collaborating on product strategy.
- Work through design problems from beginning to end: translating research insights into ideas that form disruptive new products and features.
- Quickly run experiments within the Super Dispatch platform by utilizing prototype testing, A/B testing, and customer interviews.
- Demonstrate an understanding of visual hierarchy, layout, and information architecture in your work.
- Demonstrate an understanding of, and apply knowledge of User-centered Design methodologies in your works.
- Build a deep understanding of the overall business of Super Dispatch and the Auto Transport industry.
- 2+ years of experience in designing digital products and systems, not just websites. You have helped ship products.
- Ability to tackle complex user and design problems.
- Experience working with product teams in a dynamic, agile environment.
- You are a storyteller, and are able to clearly communicate your design work and your design decisions.
- Strong portfolio of product design work illustrating multiple successfully launched products. In your portfolio, please include – what the project was, the problem(s) it solved, your role and process.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills – you are a great writer, speaker, and listener
- Feedback driven – you respond well to feedback from others and are eager to find ways to improve
- Team player – you have a collaborative mindset and the ability to build positive relationships with individuals across the organization.
- Open and positive – you have the willingness to learn and are open to criticism and new ideas.
- Proactive – you act without being told what to do and regularly bring new ideas and perspectives.
- Highly motivated – you are a self-starter with a strong work ethic.
- Flexibility – you adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions, you respond positively to complexity and change.
- Sense of urgency – you thrive in a fast-paced, get-it-done environment.
- Growth-driven – you seek growth in learning, efficiency, and celebrate wins.
- Customer focus – you are truth-seeking individuals who can empathize with customers. You patiently listen and take feedback to solve problems for customers.
Within 1 month, you’ll…
- Graduate from Super Dispatch’s company-wide new employee onboarding program. You’ll get caught up with who we are, how we work, and what we’re building.
- Understand the full functionality of Super Dispatch products, as well as the greater auto transportation industry and competitive landscape.
- Learn and understand how the current Super Dispatch Design System works.
Within 3 months, you’ll…
- Run and iterate several activation experiments with our customers.
- You are comfortable using our design system.
- Learn and understand design process at Super Dispatch and own every aspect of the design process and collaborate with product managers and engineers to implement features.
- Participate in design reviews give feedback to other designers work and get feedback for your work form other designers in the team.
Within 6 months, you’ll…
- Design, launch, and support your first big solution/feature. You’ll partner cross-functionally with Product and Engineering and focus on keeping your stakeholders apprised of progress and updates.
- Be a domain expert of your product area/subdomain.
- Have made a visible impact on the customers’ experience with your design solutions.
Within 12 months, you’ll…
- Start working on your growth based on the Product Design career ladder.
- Lead and direct group design conversations keeping them focused and on track.
- Identify opportunities to challenge and refine our design processes.
What We Do:
Super Dispatch is one of the fastest growing tech startups in Kansas City, and we’re transforming the world of vehicle shipping. The Super Dispatch platform is a one-stop-shop for everything Carriers and Shippers need to move cars faster, smarter, and easier. Backed by cutting edge technology and best-in-class software, Super Dispatch is the advanced auto transport experience taking carriers and shippers into the future.
Who We Are:
Our diverse team is comprised of highly motivated professionals with a passion for solving big problems with technology. Our core values are built around learning, growing, evolving, and continuous experimentation. We believe and practice taking bold risks. We embrace failure as a lesson. We put our team first. We are committed to supporting each other and helping each other grow on this journey.