GetThru is hiring a mid to senior level Product Designer for our Product Team who can help conceive and build intuitive experiences within our web applications: we make phone-banking and text-banking tools for the progressive political and advocacy ecosystem. Our Product Team includes Product Management, Design, and QA; and we work closely with Engineering. In this role, you will work closely across these disciplines to explore our users’ needs and co-create impactful solutions. You may also coordinate across departments with Sales, Support, and Success to ensure we are effectively communicating with and solving our customers problems.
This is a remote full-time, exempt position that reports to the Head of Product.
- You’ve gained significant, practical knowledge across UX and UI Design.
- You are just as comfortable working in extremely low fidelity as you are in creating high fidelity prototypes and prefer the lowest fidelity possible to communicate an idea.
- You’ve worked within HTML and CSS and may have deep experience with frontend development.
- You welcome Engineers early in the process to explore ideas together and later in the process to build and deliver solutions.
- You are interested in mentoring and teaching others what you know.
What You’ll Do
- Contribute to the User Experience (UX) and user Interface (UI) design of the Company’s software-as-a-service (SaaS) platform(s)
- Conduct user research, interviews and usability testing
- Create sketches, wireframes, mockups, prototypes, and other artifacts
- Collaborate with Product Managers and Engineers in imagining and defining the scope of our product features
- Provide feedback and support iteration of designs during their implementation by Engineers, which may include contributing to frontend development
- Develop, evolve, and/or maintain a product design system
- Mentor team members in areas of expertise
- Advise in areas of design expertise
- 2-4 years of demonstrated experience in UX and UI design
- Proficient with Figma or similar visual design programs
- Experience with HTML and CSS; additionally, experience with Phoenix LiveView and Tailwind or similar technology stacks is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to work in a self-directed manner on large, complex projects.
- Willingness to work on multiple projects in parallel.
- Flexibility to work within emerging processes and systems.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to build strong relationships across teams and departments.
- Experience working on fully remote, distributed teams across multiple time zones.
- Commitment to / interest in progressive causes.
While experience matters, we care as much about work ethic, creativity, determination, and values alignment. Please be sure to note in your cover letter how your skills align with the role.
GetThru’s mission is to empower organizations to connect authentically with their audiences at scale while building a sustainable company committed to progressive social change. Our tools have been used by more than 2,000 organizations to send over 1 billion text messages and make more than 750 million phone calls for voter contact, volunteer recruitment, fundraising, polling, and more. We were the primary texting and calling vendor for the 2020 Biden-Harris campaign along with numerous other successful candidates at the national, state, and local level. We are an all-remote company with 50+ full-time staff spread across the US and Canada. And while our roots are in progressive politics, we love partnering with organizations of all kinds that share our passion for creating a better world.
GetThru is an all-remote company. Work from anywhere in the U.S. and Canada as long as there is an internet connection that allows you to fulfill your duties. We do require occasional work travel, including an annual in-person all staff retreat and semi-annual departmental retreats (pandemic permitting).
- $91,000 – $111,000 base salary for mid level, depending on experience
- $104,000 – $127,000 base salary for senior level, depending on experience
- Additional compensation via bonuses and participation in profit-sharing
- Participation in employee stock option pool
- 401K + employer match that begins on or after 3 months of employment
- 100% Health / dental / vision benefits for employees, 100% for dependents
- 3 weeks of vacation time in year 1 and 2, with increases thereafter
- Additional benefits: wellness stipend professional development stipend, paid parental leave, charitable giving match.
GetThru provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. As our company grows, we strive to make space for all kinds of people to do amazing work with us. We strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, LGBTQ+ people, people with disabilities, immigrants, and other communities underrepresented in technology companies. We believe that a team with a wide range of backgrounds and experiences will be more creative, more adaptable, and more effective. And we strive to build a team that reflects the communities we are working to support.