Osano is hiring a strong customer-focused innovator looking for an opportunity to automate and simplify a highly complex data compliance industry. Osano serves an amazing range of customers with a single platform from numerous Fortune 100, the largest tech companies in the world, regulated industries, and thousands of small and mid-sized businesses. Your product will serve them all equally.
In this role, you will gain an intimate knowledge of our customers, data set, and application. You will assess customer needs and provide opportunities and solutions to them by incorporating relevant features into our product.
You will report to the Director of Product and will own one of Osano’s products running backlogs, building requirements and taking features from ideation to release – and be ultimately responsible for the success of your product. Quality, speed, and simplicity are paramount to this role.
We value candidates from all walks of life and are focused on building a diverse team. If you are interested in being part of our inclusive, mission-driven, venture-backed tech startup, where you can do good and do well, say hi!
- Work closely with our customers to understand their needs and opportunities
- Consume a significant volume of input from various sources (often contradictory) and make effective decisions when implementing new product features
- Define and communicate detailed functional requirements to design and engineering teams
- Work closely with customers, stakeholders, design, and engineering teams to build prototypes, get feedback, and refine requirements and user stories
- Think through complex product use cases and clearly communicate with the engineering team
- Prioritize products based on business impact and available resources
- Analyze the results of the launch and create the plan to iterate and build new features
- Proactively fill communication gaps amongst all team members
- Contribute to technical conversations around deadlines and engineering solutions
- Drive product research priorities for the research team
- Make magic out of the complicated compliance industry through an intense focus on simplification
- Promote a culture of innovation, collaboration, and customer-facing experimentation
- Flexible, well-organized and the ability to work in a fast-paced startup
- Ability and desire to work independently and with little oversight
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 2+ years of relevant experience in Product Management
- Track record of successfully building complex software products with a wide range of users’ technical abilities
- Highly resourceful individual – able to overcome obstacles with resilience, creativity, and grit.
- Experience communicating technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Technical expertise and the ability to question, understand and challenge software implementation decisions and priorities
- Curiosity to learn and adapt to dynamic research, development, and industry knowledge
Nice to Haves:
- Previous experience as a SaaS product manager directly interfacing with customers
- Front end web development experience
- Ownership interest/equity in the company
- Unlimited time-off policy
- Great health Care
- Remote work opportunity
- B-corp with a mission that matters
- Opportunity to define the culture
Osano is an Austin area startup focused on creating transparency in data. Osano is a B-corp (public benefit corp) which means that, although we are a for-profit company, we are mission-oriented and we wake up every morning with the goal of doing well by doing good.