Kin Insurance is on a mission to change home insurance from what it could be to what it should be. We’re proud to offer affordable insurance coverage in areas most impacted by climate change, like Florida, California and Louisiana, that pay more for insurance than anywhere else in America.
We are also proud to be recognized as Built In’s 2021 Best Midsize Companies to Work For in Chicago and Forbes 2021 Best Startup Employers in America. We are growing super fast, and we need forward-thinking, inspired game-changers like you to help lead the way.
So, what’s the role?
Kin’s Product team is the fulcrum that takes our vision of what home insurance should be and makes it real. Our product managers are responsible for the commercial success of the product. They straddle technology and all other business areas to ensure the right work is getting done.
We are currently looking for a Product Manager to join our state and product expansion team. This person will immerse themselves in the insurance product development process, from state prioritization to scaling the product successfully. Collaborating with leaders across the organization, product management peers, and operations will be imperative in ensuring a smooth product launch. This person will also own new tools to make launching more efficient, from ideation to implementation into the process.
We have big plans for state and product expansion in the years to come and this person would be vital in making Kin successful countrywide.
A day in the life could include:
- Creating and managing product roadmaps of epics that address the biggest business needs
- Gathering user research and inputs across business functions
- Outlining problems and proposed solutions, supported with data
- Writing user stories that provide all of the details needed by our development teams to develop critical features
- Collaborating with design to create functional prototypes for user testing and mockups for developers
- Planning ahead to ensure team has appropriate amount of work ready and delivery timelines are known to stakeholders
- Coordinating and leading regular team and stakeholder meetings
- Defining metrics that demonstrate product success, while monitoring and responding to outcomes
I’ve got the skills… but do I have the necessary ones?
- 6+ years total work experience
- 3+ years product management experience
- Extensive experience working with agile product and engineering teams in startup and/or rapid-growth environments
- Product management experience at B2C or other software/technology companies
- Ability to turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into concrete action plans
- Experience owning process management or process improvement projects
- A passion for customer feedback and research
- An eye for great products and willingness to advocate for new features with qualitative and quantitative reasoning
- Ability to communicate with empathy and precision
- Ability to effectively communicate with engineers about technical features and product architecture
Oh, and don’t worry, we’ve got you covered!
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance (including 100% employer-paid plans)
- Remote Work (due to Covid-19) and flexible work hours
- Flexible PTO policy
- Very generous equity options and 401K
- Parental Leave
- Continuing education and professional development
- Disability and Life Insurance
- Onsite gym membership – when we return to the office (Chicago office only)
- The excitement of joining a high-growth Insurtech company and seeing your work make an impact
In an industry that hasn’t budged in more than 100 years, our technology transforms the user experience, cuts inefficiencies that waste billions of consumer dollars, and customizes coverage homeowners want. We believe insurance was always meant to be a digital product – we’re making that a reality.
Our approach to the industry makes us unique, and the people at Kin help us excel. We’re a team of problem solvers, collaborators, builders, and dreamers who are passionate about creating positive change in the lives of our customers and in our industry. Kin is more than just our name – it’s how we treat each other. That’s one of the many reasons we’ve been recognized as a great place to work by Built In, Forbes, and Fast Company.
Kin is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We don’t just accept difference – we honor it, nurture it, and celebrate it. We don’t discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.