About The Job:
The mission of Product Development at HackerU is to create transformative product experiences that educate global learners for the careers of tomorrow.
For HackerU, a successful product encompasses the operational, educational and interactive experience required to place (new career) or prepare (existing career) global learners with the skills necessary to succeed in the digital workforce.
We empower our product teams to solve hard problems – educational problems and the business that surrounds it– in ways that our customers love, yet work for HackerU.
Each of HackerU’s product managers are experiential product managers, who are empowered and responsible for how the product value is exposed to users and customers.
This means that the product manager must contribute to their/ her/ his product team a solid knowledge of the various constraints of the business – constraints from marketing, sales, service, finance, legal, and privacy are typical examples. The product manager must also contribute to the product team a deep knowledge of our users and customers, and the data about how our customers engage with our products. Finally, the product manager is expected to track industry trends and the competitive landscape as they pertain to their/ her/ his product.
While we empower our product teams to figure out the best solutions to the problems that need to be solved, we also hold our teams accountable to the results. Shipping is necessary, but not sufficient. We look for product managers that are not afraid of signing up for results, even when this means they have to work through others to achieve the necessary results.
This is an individual contributor role. You will need to be able to influence your teammates, as well as colleagues, stakeholders, and key executives, through your use of data and logic.
As a Product Manager at HackerU You Will Utilize:
Vision and Strategy
- You define, evolve and evangelize the HackerU product vision, strategy and OKRs
- You are invested in understanding our customers, the industry, business dynamics and how our products technically work
Discovery & Delivery
- You collaboratively discover problems to solve and product opportunities
- You collaboratively discover and iterate solutions that are valuable, usable, feasible and viable
Prioritization and Performance
- You live and breathe HackerU’s products performance
- You prioritize problems and solutions to maximize value to effort ratio, balancing short and long term
- You inspire and lead the squad, acting as team captain to ensure the right decisions are executed successfully
- You nurture trusting partnerships with stakeholders and collaborate with them to achieve the product vision
- Your accountability, honesty, delivery and credibility provided to our organization and customers is your currency
- You develop, analyze, prioritize and organize requirement specifications, data mapping, diagrams, and flowcharts for implementation or developers to follow
- You are responsible for business needs analysis, deployment and design issues troubleshooting of core business applications
- You translate non-technical requirements into technical specifications, with help from engineering where/ when required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of the techniques and methods of modern product discovery and product delivery.
- At least 4 years working on technology-powered products as either a business analyst, data scientist, product manager, product designer, engineer or user researcher.
- Demonstrated ability to learn multiple functional areas of business – engineering, design, finance, sales, or marketing.
- Demonstrated ability to figure out solutions to hard problems with many constraints, using sound judgement to assess risks, and to lay out your argument in a well-structured, data-informed, written narrative.
- Proven ability to engage with engineers, designers, and company leaders in a constructive and collaborative relationship.
Diverse Perspectives & Additional Thoughts:
We know that innovation thrives on product teams where diverse points of view come together to solve hard problems in ways that are just now possible. As such, we explicitly seek people that bring diverse life experiences, diverse educational backgrounds, diverse cultures, and diverse work experiences. Please be prepared to share with us how your perspective will bring something unique and valuable to our product teams.
Marty Cagan’s latest read, “Empowered” provides the best long form synopsis of the product team we want to create.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $110,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Master’s (Preferred)
- Product Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Agile: 1 year (Preferred)
- Fully Remote