Fearless is looking for a Product Manager II to add to our diverse team of 200+ employees (and counting!).
What you’ll be doing:
We’re looking to change the world by building software with a soul, and we want your help.
The Product Manager II is responsible for establishing and communicating the long-term vision and strategy for their product/portfolio, as well as how it supports and achieves the customer’s strategies and initiatives as outlined within the scope of work. This role works closely with the Product Owner to align with their strategic plans. The Product Manager II acts as a central hub within the team. They manage and maintain critical information and actions related to the customer’s products, cultural and digital transformation, supporting technologies, competition, risk analysis, and many other agency elements. Responsibilities include thorough problem identification, product planning, client and technology analysis and understanding, customer education, competitive analysis, and implementation/ execution of customer and production strategies that drive adoption, resource efficiency, and value delivery.
What you should know:
- Preferred team member in Maryland with a hybrid work environment. Our office is located in the Spark Building in Baltimore!
- Fully remote options available for candidates located outside of Maryland.
- To protect our Fearless community, and in consideration of the Executive Order on Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Department of Labor, Occupational Safety and Health. Administration (OSHA), and a variety of public health authorities, Fearless is implementing a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for our full workforce. This vaccine mandate will help keep our people and our community safe through this ongoing health crisis.
- All new employees must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for the position. Reasonable accommodations for qualified exemption requests will be considered.
We need your Program Management skills! What other skills will help you succeed at Fearless? Glad you asked! We’re excited about candidates who can accomplish the following:
Responsibilities and Contributions:
- Works directly with team, customer, and end users to build product vision and strategy.
- Contributes to the product management practice, community of interest, and organizational efforts to increase awareness.
- Develops, communicates, and executes long-term product purpose, vision, and strategy.
- Creates the product roadmap to help clients formulate, prioritize, and execute short and long-range plans, initiatives, and objectives to achieve growth objectives.
- Manages the discovery phase to ensure proper problem identification.
- Effectively manages stakeholder communication and ensures stakeholder requirements and user needs are aligned.
- Serves as a consultant to customer Product Owners on backlog prioritization, epic/feature/use case/user story creation, identifying user personas, acceptance criteria, and gathering and authoring business, functional, and technical requirements.
- Partners with clients to develop and monitor strategies for successful user adoption, cost savings, analytics, and metrics to inform and support product decisions.
- Develops communication initiatives to meet business and user adoption goals.
- Develops and implements product education plans, marketing plans, and launch plans, and coordinates cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
- Identifies and champions new and creative approaches to business, operations and user adoption opportunities and challenges.
- Creates value propositions and partners with stakeholders to establish Minimum Viable Product (MVP) or Minimum Marketable Feature (MMF).
- When needed by the customer, develops, communicates and executes long-term product vision, strategy, and initiatives that align with agency strategy within the scope of the software product and cultural change management verticals.
- When needed by the customer, manages the full breadth of the product lifecycle, including multigenerational product plans, new product introduction (NPI) mass production and end of life (EOL).
- Effectively translates technical documentation and identifies any resulting opportunities/dependencies.
- Determines the evolution of product, contributing to and managing the planning processes with consequent rollout to customer stakeholders and users.
- Builds and maintains strong working relationships with the customer agency, cross-functional partners within their organization, and our partners (subKs).
- Works with the customer team to position products that maximize activity related to maintaining existing business and driving new growth.
- Coaches and serves as a subject matter expert for client Product Owners.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Effectively communicates business and operational objectives and requirements to technical teams, as well as technical capabilities and limitations to the business stakeholders.
Essential Skills, Experience, and Competencies:
- Problem identification and resolution experience.
- Experience in product or brand management.
- Ability to develop and communicate effective business plans, marketing plans, or product plans.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; comfortable presenting to internal and external audiences.
- Ability to work well on cross-functional teams.
- Ability to use organizational skills to multitask and work on multiple projects.
- Extensive knowledge of product ownership roles and solid understanding of ownership gaps.
- Ability to operate and manage work, strategically reason, build relationships, and influence others.
We believe in paying people fairly, so we’ve established a compensation model that ensures everyone at Fearless — regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion, age, nationality, or negotiation skills — is given equal pay for equal work.
So, what’s next?
Over the years, we’ve honed a 3-step interview process that helps ensure that every employee we hire is the right fit for us and that we’re the right fit for them. If we think you’re a good fit, we’ll get in touch and start scheduling your interviews!
- Culture Add Interview – We’re a people-first company, so we always start off by getting to know more about you, how you work, what your career goals are, and what you’re passionate about. This is your opportunity to ask questions and get a feel for Fearless, so don’t be shy!
- Technical Interview – This is where we get into the nitty gritty of the project. During the Technical Interview, you’ll be interviewed by our Passion Coaches and/or the team’s Project Lead to make sure your skills align with the project requirements.
- Business Interview – At this point, you’ve made it to the final frontier! The Business Interview is when you’ll meet with Fearless leadership to dot the i’s, cross the t’s, and determine whether or not we’ll be moving forward with the hiring process.
Our people make us who we are. We believe that every member of the Fearless team has something to share, and we value the unique viewpoint you’ll bring to our community. But we value your community, too, so we offer fulfilling work that stays in balance with the rest of life. Because everyone has different needs, desires, and goals, our benefits offer the choices and flexibility that our team members need to live well and succeed. Here are a few highlights of our benefits package:
- Flexible schedule
- Family-friendly workplace
- 3 weeks accrued PTO + 1 week sick leave + 10 federal holidays + your birthday off
- 100% coverage of the employee-only premium for HSA, HMO, or PPO plan and Employee Wellness Plan
- Tech, education / training, and snack allowances
- Free parking in downtown Baltimore / public transit coverage
- Safe Harbor 401(k) plan with employer contributions
Fearless is a full-stack digital services firm in Baltimore that delivers sleek, modern, and user-friendly software designed to push the boundaries of possibility. It’s our mission to build software with a soul — tools that empower communities and make a difference — so we can create a world where good software powers the things that matter.
That’s not our only goal, though. We also strive to create a purple culture that makes our employees excited to come to work every day. That’s why we encourage our employees to pursue their passions, both in and out of the office. With built-in company mentoring, continuing education support, flexible schedules, and a family-friendly work environment, we’ve created a culture that allows our team to thrive professionally and personally.
Fearless believes in equal opportunity employment. We won’t discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, gender, nationality, age, religion, disability, military status, or sexual orientation. As a company and as individuals, we’re committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for our team, our family members, our clients, our subcontractors, and our vendors.