Product Manager – Used Car Listing
Join Team CARFAX as a Product Manager – Used Car Listings (Consumer)
Do you want Fridays off all summer? You read that right! At CARFAX, we care about work-life balance and we’re constantly looking for new ways to ensure we provide it. This summer we’re piloting 4-day work weeks from Memorial Day through Labor Day. We’re super excited about this and you should be too! We’ve created the type of company culture where the term, “work-hard, play-hard” isn’t just a catchy saying, it’s part of the #CARFAXdifference!
CARFAX is growing faster than ever, and we are looking for a Product Manager of Used Car Listings. In this position, you will lead a cross functional team to innovate and continuously improve the shopping experience. You’ll apply your deep knowledge of consumer tech products, to create delightful consumer experiences.
Preference is for position to full time based in our Centreville, VA headquarters. Open to considering US remote candidate willing to travel several times a quarter to headquarters.
As a Product Manager – Used Car Listings, you will:
- Define the vision and execute the roadmap for the end-to-end consumer shopping experience (Search, Filter, Engage, Convert)
- Establish a shared vision across the company by building data-driven consensus on product priorities
- Provide cross-team and executive presentations to gain buy-in from key stakeholders.
- Make decisions based on quantitative and qualitative data. Deeply understand used car shopper and auto dealer needs, pain points, and behaviors, and transform that knowledge into a cohesive roadmap of features that aligns to company goals.
- Translate your product vision into user stories to rapidly iterate in our agile environment.
- Define metrics that inform the success of our consumer experience, monitor performance in real time, and determine a product roll-out strategy based on quantitative and user feedback.
- Understand CARFAX’s strategic and competitive position and deliver products that are recognized as best in the industry.
To be considered for this role, you will need:
- 5+ years of product management in a large-scale consumer web/ mobile app setting
- 3+ years of experience optimizing a consumer shopping experience
- Experience incorporating a variety of research and testing methods including qualitative user research, A/B testing, to drive product decisions.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias toward action and customer focused innovation. You thrive on challenges and not be deterred by difficult situations. You work proactively rather than reactively.
- Highly collaborative with excellent communication skills – able to manage stakeholders up, down, and sideways.
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills; willingness to get into the details and drive clarity from ambiguity.
Note: The summer 4-day work week is a test program in 2021 and not guaranteed in future years.
CARFAX, a unit of IHS Markit (NYSE: INFO), helps millions of people every day confidently shop, buy, own and sell used cars with innovative solutions powered by CARFAX vehicle history information. The expert in vehicle history since 1984, CARFAX provides exclusive services like CARFAX Used Car Listings, myCARFAX, CARFAX History-Based Value and the flagship CARFAX Vehicle History Report. CARFAX is a nationally recognized top workplace by The Washington Post and Glassdoor.com. Based in London, IHS Markit is a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions.
CARFAX is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of CARFAX to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CARFAX will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are a participant in E-Verify.