Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We serve everyone from one-person startups to large, Fortune 100 enterprises with a powerful, trust-driven platform that enables companies and talent to work together in new ways that unlock their potential.
Last year, more than $3.8 billion of work was done through Upwork by skilled professionals who are gaining more control by finding work they are passionate about and innovating their careers.
This is an engagement through Upwork’s Hybrid Workforce Solutions (HWS) Team. Our Hybrid Workforce Solutions Team is a global group of professionals that support Upwork’s business. Our HWS team members are located all over the world.
Emerging Business is Upwork’s rapid experimentation and incubation group, focused on scaling efforts that seek to have a profound impact on our customers and drive a step-change function in our business. Our charter is to create Upwork’s next $100M business and, to get there, we’re seeking an exceptional, experienced Product Manager to lead our partnership offers and drive this core growth area. As the single-threaded leader of this strategic area, you will leverage your product experience and knowledge in building partner-driven product solutions to drive execution with global partners. The individual contributor is excited to address key problems specifically for our customers, clients, talent, partners, and business. You love execution and are energized by the responsibility to lead an unchartered area while building the product as the primary individual contributor through deep cross-functional partnerships across the company.
- Execute a core strand of Upwork’s overall demand aggregation product strategy. Be the single-threaded lead to hone the vision, attain executive approval, and provide a cogent path to becoming a multimillion-dollar business.
- Work closely with partners to design, scope, and bring to market groundbreaking solutions that drive growth for Upwork and value for Upwork partners.
- Establish, track, and report on key success metrics for overall business objectives, product growth, and rapid experiments.
- Develop, maintain, and continuously prioritize the Offers product roadmap based on customer needs, partners, reach, impact, confidence, effort, market trends, and business objectives.
- You will develop an understanding of the competitive landscape and identify opportunities for differentiation and growth. These learnings will contribute to our strategy definition with this role acting as a key author.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including engineering, design, analytics, marketing, business development, partnerships, operations, legal, and sales to deliver innovative solutions that create value for users to hit your goals.
- Be an incredible Individual Contributor with influence and scope, bringing a leadership mindset to provide mentorship, guidance, and direction to cross-functional teams. The role has the opportunity to grow into a full-time position based on the trajectory and needs of the strategy.
Must haves (required skills):
- Product Management experience and executing End-to-end large-scale products with complex technical requirements.
- Knowledge in Jira.
- Analytical and Data skills. Able to synthesize complex data and identify actionable insights to tell a succinct data story.
- Stakeholder management and influence. Strong collaboration skills and assertive project ownership to drive results across multiple other product lines and cross-functional leaders.
- Preferably experience in a two-sided Partnership landscape knowledge. gig economy landscape, or a similar platform-based business.
- Agile methodologies and software development understanding.
- Empathy and understanding of customer problems with experience addressing them to deliver material business outcomes.
Upwork is proudly committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce. We never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
To learn more about how Upwork processes and protects your personal information as part of the application process, please review our Global Job Applicant Privacy Notice