Program Manager-Operations, Business and Technology Services
Staff whose work requires or potentially could require any in-person interaction with Save the Children colleagues, partners, or beneficiaries must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless otherwise required by law. Save the Children complies with federal, state, and local laws with regard to accommodations related to this policy.
The Business & Technology Solutions (BTS) Operations Program Manager will help to align, enable and support the development and implementation of specific IT strategies and technical projects. You will work crossfunctionally with the BTS and agency-wide governance groups to understand and define how the agreed scope breaks down into deliverables by phase and then enable the delivery of those projects. This will be done primarily through program and resource management; driving the success of projects to help create operational efficiencies which ultimately help deliver more and better quality programs for the children we serve.
What You’ll Be Doing (Essential Duties)
Program Management 50%
- Supporting established project intake processes/workflows and following up with originating parties to gather all project resource information.
- Collaborating across BTS and agency-wide governance groups teams in identifying specific individuals for projects based on availability, experience and skillset.
- Directly supervising project managers who will be developing project management plans and coordinating the execution of projects resulting in master timeline synchronization with the product and technology roadmaps.
- Either leading and/or partnering with the Project Managers in establishing and adjusting project scrums, sprints, and assigning task owners.
- Monitoring end-to-end program progress, staff utilization, workload, overtime hours, and highlighting risks to timelines and budget and suggesting improvements.
- Providing relevant communication to key stakeholders, documenting business processes, managing the project personnel budget, and maintaining job-related records reflective of maintaining, sustaining, and utilizing standard toolkits.
Resource Allocation & Management 50%
- Capacity planning and allocation of resources.
- Knowing the requirements of each project, assist with the recommendation of skills needed for engaging individuals with qualifications.
- Identifying gaps in available resources/expertise needed for the successful completion of a project.
- Developing and maintaining a resource plan and on-going updates including preparing and reviewing resource forecasts, identifying middle- to long-term resource demands and planning in order to address potential gaps.
The Operations Program Manager will collaborate with multiple additional teams within the organization:
- People and Culture (HR) – Coordination of job descriptions and the recruitment process based on the skillset needed to hire for projects.
- Project Management Office (PMO) – Procuring Project Managers as required by the Operations Project Manager project requirements.
- Business Stakeholders – Planning team capacity and forecasting recruitment needs for upcoming project involvement.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience plus at least seven (7) years relevant experience
- Demonstrated leadership skills; able to make independent decisions quickly and effectively with the ability to determine impact on project.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and collaborate successfully with individuals and teams at all levels, both internal and external
- Proven organization, planning, and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team,
- Proven success in an environment that requires multi-tasking and navigation and delivery within established timelines
- Demonstrated customer focus and drive for results
- Professional proficiency in MS Office suite
- Professional proficiency in spoken and written English, with an ability to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical stakeholders and staff
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering and maintaining an environment of diversity, inclusion, and belonging
- Understanding of Agile Methodology and working with Project Managers and project teams utilizing the agile process.
- Experience with project management tools including Planview and Jira.
- Experience with user experience focused project intake approach.
Why you should join the Save the Children Team…
Save the Children US offers outstanding benefits that include health, dental, vision and life insurances, pet insurance, short-term and long-term disability coverage, an Employee Assistance Program, 403(b), generous vacation, personal sick leave, family leave, parental/adoption leave, commuter benefits, dress for your day, and much more.