Giant are looking for experienced Senior 3D Animators to work on our next great animated production for the world to enjoy!
This is a short contract with an immediate start required. Ideally, you will be based in Ireland but this role is open to all artists who can work within a 4-hour time difference of the Irish timezone to allow for daily interaction and collaboration with the creative and production teams.
We will endeavour to respond to all applicants, but due to the high volume of applications we receive a reply might not always be possible.
Starting date: ASAP August 2023
- Work closely with the Animation Supervisor(s), Art Director, and CG Supervisor(s) to create high-quality, story-driven Animation based on the production style and overall show expectations.
- Work closely with the Rigging and Pipeline departments providing suggestions and feedback to improve character setups, visual quality, rigs, and tool functionality that will benefit the Animation team(s).
- Show clear performance concepts and shot blocking in the Director’s review (Animation Dailies).
- Have a clear understanding of the performance, style, quality, continuity, technical, scheduling, and budgetary requirements of the Production.
- Liaise with Production on task assignments and scheduling of the team, helping to plan assignments/shots/revisions in the context of the overall schedule and direction of a given episode.
- Maintain an open and professional demeanour when providing or taking directions, undertaking revisions, and altering approaches as required.
- Support a collaborative and creative environment that produces awesome Giant projects with great teams.
- Excellent time and team management skills.
- Thorough knowledge of Maya.
- Good communicator with excellent interpersonal skills and can deliver high-quality results in a dynamic environment
- Strong Leadership skills and the ability to support a diverse team.
- Strong organizational skills and a good eye for detail.
- Strong technical and problem-solving skills.
- Adept grasp of drawing and visual communication skills.
- Solid understanding of Production and Technical resources.