About Sawatch Labs:
Sawatch Labs is the leading provider of fleet electrification software in the United States, with clients ranging from Fortune 50 companies to local governments across all 50 states. We analyze minute-by-minute operations of each vehicle to deliver data-driven, actionable insights enabling our customers to sustainably operate their fleet.
From EV procurement decisions to fleet right-sizing and EV management insights, our software analytics simplifies fleet management.
Our tech stack includes PostgreSQL relational databases, Python scripts for data processing and analytics, Node.js/Express-based RESTful APIs and a largely React front-end. Clients view their analytics results via our dashboard, which contains half a dozen different products. Since 2017, we’ve analyzed more than 1 billion miles of temporal and geospatial data.
As a full-time Back-End Software Developer at Sawatch Labs, you will play a vital role in developing and enhancing our data processing, modeling, and object creation systems. You will work with large GIS and temporal datasets containing billions of rows. Additionally, you will be responsible for translating complex concepts into clear, digestible insights for our clients. This involves creating compelling visualizations and concise messaging.
You will work closely with all members of the technical/development team, including participating in code reviews and peer programming. You will also contribute to improving the overall efficiency of the development team by enhancing testing, CI/CD, and code review procedures, in line with industry best-practices.
You will regularly liaise with the operations/business development side of the house to prioritize upcoming client deliverables and new feature additions.
Required Experience and Skills:
- 4-8 years of software development experience
- Strong proficiency in Python with at least 4 years of experience
- Experience working with GIS
- Familiarity with testing frameworks and test-driven development best practices
- Detail-oriented with the ability to work autonomously
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making abilities, with sound judgment
- Experience in API development and maintenance
- Experience creating visualizations of complex datasets
- You have experience or an interest in the transportation/mobility domain
- You are proactive in taking ownership of tasks and projects, and seeing them through to completion
- You have strong organization skills
- You’re willing to occasionally step outside your comfort zone and take on tasks beyond your job description
- You’re comfortable working both in a team and independently
- You enjoy finding creative solutions to challenging problems
- You thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment, and possess the motivation and flexibility to do so.
This position is open to both in-person and remote work within the United States. Our headquarter office is in Denver, CO.
Salary and Benefits:
The anticipated salary range for this position is 95k to 160k (DOE), complemented by equity in the form of options. We offer healthcare benefits, including vision and dental coverage, flexible working hours, and 4 weeks of paid time off per year. If you feel you’re the right fit, please submit your resume.
Note: The provided salary range adheres to Colorado law and represents our reasonable estimate of base compensation. The actual amount may vary based on factors such as location, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities.
We regret that we cannot provide visa sponsorship at this time. Sawatch Labs does not accept applications from recruiters.