Assurant is seeking an experienced Senior Paralegal to support its Global Auto Business Unit Legal team, who will be performing legal assignments with a high degree of autonomy as they draft documents and conduct legal research. This individual will also serve as an essential piece in the workflow chain between account executives, business development and our team of attorneys. Responsibilities will include drafting and managing the life cycle of complex commercial agreements and leading various transactional and system-related projects. While employing a collaborative and adaptive mindset, this position will be expected to be resourceful, proactive and will require experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals that require minimal supervision. This is a remote opportunity.
What will my duties and responsibilities be in this job?
- Review, analyze, and draft contracts, including internal templates, while working with account executives and business leaders to create customized client contracts that align with product specifications, complex financial structures and external client expectations
- Develop expertise and familiarity of the various service contract, ancillary and insurance products in the Global Auto business unit, including but not limited to vehicle service contracts, GAP, limited warranties, contractual liability insurance policies offered in the automobile, recreational vehicle, leased & financed and heavy equipment industries.
- Oversee and administer the contracting process for the Global Auto business unit through Assurant’s internal contract lifecycle management system, including specialized monthly reporting
- This role requires a high level of engagement with people and developing strong relationships with our clients and other leaders across the organization
- Identify business and legal issues and internal process improvements and raise to the managing attorney
- With attorney oversight, research and interpret regulations, laws, statutes, and guidelines and relevant case law to partner with and support the sales and operations business units in making substantive business decisions
- Assist in the development and maintenance of standard contracts, processes, and systems and required tools to ensure that contracts are prepared accurately, efficiently, and timely
- Stay abreast of technological demands of legal systems and processes.
- Maintain monthly tracking reports
- Assist with other administrative tasks as may be required
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- Bachelor’s degree or ABA approved paralegal certification.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a legal environment, with contract work in a corporate setting, preferably insurance/financial services
- Strong computer skills; Proficient in Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel and PowerPoint; ability to maintain a database and run reports. Experience with Apttus/Salesforce a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization internally and externally.
- Highly autonomous and self-motivated work ethic; demonstrating sound judgment, initiative, and an ability to manage multiple priorities with a sense of urgency.
- Demonstrate an ability to handle matters of a sensitive and confidential nature, and the capacity to maintain composure while working under pressure.
- Dependable, detail oriented and well organized with a strong attention to detail and quality.
- Excellent research skills
- Strong attention to details and quality work product
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to identify, recommend and implement process improvements, as needed
- Ability to manage and lead projects
- Knowledge of legal terminology, procedures and use of computer-based research tools and resources
$62,000.00 – $103,400.00
Any posted pay range considers a wide range of compensation factors, including candidate background, experience and work location, while also allowing for salary growth within the position.
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
Connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
What’s the culture like at Assurant?
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant. Named a Best/Great Place to Work in 13 countries and awarded the Fortune America’s Most Innovative Companies recognition in 2023, we bring together top talent around the world. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We call our culture The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects, and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products, and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in employment decisions.