Trustmark’s mission is to improve wellbeing – for everyone. It is a mission grounded in a belief in equality and born from our caring culture. It is a culture we can only realize by building trust. Trust established by ensuring associates feel respected, valued and heard. At Trustmark, you’ll work collaboratively to transform lives and help people, communities and businesses thrive. Flourish in a culture of diversity and inclusion where appreciation, mutual respect and trust are constants, not just for our customers but for ourselves. At Trustmark, we have a commitment to welcoming people, no matter their background, identity or experience, to a workplace where they feel safe being their whole, authentic selves. A workplace made up of diverse, empowered individuals that allows ideas to thrive and enables us to bring the best to our colleagues, clients and communities.
Voluntary Benefits (Voluntary), a Trustmark company, is seeking a Senior Customer Service Representative (Remote) to answer client service calls accurately and effectively and to proactively address and quickly resolve all inbound customer inquiries. To be successful in the role, you must be able to think on your feet and plan ahead while working with customers in order to find solutions quickly and accurately while providing quality customer service.
OBJECTIVE: This is a vital, customer-facing position to our customers. We strive to make every contact with our customers a positive one. It is the hallmark of what we do to create a best in class service organization. You will be responding to inbound customer call inquiries and problem solve by providing information, processing basic customer profile changes or directing requests to other functional business teams. This role is expected to negotiate and provide alternatives and options during phone calls. You will need to demonstrate the ability to gather information and make appropriate decisions focusing on first call resolution.
- Masters the internal business rules, processes and processing systems that support VB products, to provide immediate and professional service responses to customers.
- Provides professional, courteous, timely and accurate responses to requests for assistance instilling confidence in the company and, therefore, creating a favorable company image.
- Demonstrates tact and sound judgment in all interactions with both internal/external customers and a willingness to research both internal/external customer inquiries, including following up to ensure resolution and satisfaction.
- Possesses good interpersonal skills to understand customers’ inquiries or complaints and deals effectively with people who may be worried, frustrated or upset.
- Multi-tasks with several administrative systems while providing service to our customers.
- Focuses on meeting and/or exceeding department metrics, including first call resolution.
- Coordinates and communicates effectively with team to establish a culture of learning and high performance and assists team members when appropriate.
- Assist customers in navigating company web applications and communicating through virtual platforms such as Microsoft Teams and Webex.
Product and Insurance Knowledge:
- Develops working knowledge of VBS products, features, regulatory requirements and departmental standards and goals. Is able to interpret policy provisions and understand how our products are positioned in the industry.
- Identifies the customers’ needs and educates and restates the benefits of their product. Because the broker is not always available, you must be responsible for educating our customers and providing options available to them based on their requests.
- Educates and provides options to customers on the portability of their product that will drive customer satisfaction and improve company persistency results.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Must be able to work Monday – Friday: 9:45 am – 6:00 pm CST.
- Must have 3 years’ work experience in call center environment OR internal applicants with prior customer service and/or Voluntary benefits experience will be considered.
- Proficiency in MS office, including Outlook, Word and Excel are required.
- Prior experience in insurance or employee benefits operations a plus.
- Strong customer service skills including the ability to establish rapport with customer while maintaining a commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Must possess strong reasoning and analytical skills and resolve issues for customers quickly and accurately while maneuvering between many systems/screens while assisting customers on the phone.
- Must have experience working in a performance measured environment with quality metrics.
Come join Trustmark! Join a team that will not only utilize your current skills but will enhance them as well. Trustmark benefits include health/dental/vision, life insurance, FSA and HSA, 401(k) plan, Employee Assistant Program, Back-up Care for Children, Adults and Elders and many health and wellness initiatives. We also offer a Wellness program that enables employees to participate in health initiatives to reduce their insurance premiums.
For the third consecutive year we were selected as a Top Workplace by the Chicago Tribune. The award is based exclusively on Trustmark associate responses to an anonymous survey. The survey measured 15 key drivers of engaged cultures that are critical to the success of an organization.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, sexual identity, age, veteran or disability.
If you are a Colorado resident and this role is a field-based or remote role, you may be eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request.