VitalSource®, is hiring a Senior Customer Support Specialist to contribute to our Customer Support team located remotely.
The Senior Customer Support Specialist will focus on Tier 2 support and quality assurance tasks utilizing strong customer service skills and ideally have a background in technology, development, testing or support. This person will interact collaboratively with clients and multiple high-energy development groups who design and develop technology applications based on various client needs. This position will be remote and report to the Director of Technology Operations for the Intrepid Learning team.
VitalSource is a mission-driven company delivering affordable, impactful learning to anyone, anywhere.
- Previous customer service and/or call center experience required.
Communication and Customer Focus –
- Must have a customer service mindset to work with clients with courtesy, clarity, responsiveness, and expertise, resulting in a high rate of client satisfaction.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills (written, verbal/presentation); capable of training users in applications and operating system fundamentals and writing basic documentation.
Organization Skills –
- Strong organizational skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to focus on high-quality work while under pressure.
- Independent problem-solving skills and self-direction
- Ability to react quickly and thrive in a dynamic and ambiguous environment.
Technical Skills –
- Experience in web development technologies and analytic monitoring tools a plus but not a requirement. For example, HTML, CSS, Python, New Relic, Kibana, Grafana. HoneyBadger,
- A basic understanding of SQL language and analytics is a plus.
- Hands-on experience in testing complex business applications, understanding large complex environments, and knowledge of requirements-based testing.
- Experience setting up test scenarios.
Basic/Minimum Qualifications and Characteristics
- Reliable and internally driven team-player.
- Ability to maintain full-time work schedule during normal company operating hours (with possible time-zone accommodations)
- Highly supportive of the business and of its ideals and strategies.
- Interested in results and team objectives over personal preferences.
- Effective at driving short-term actions that are consistent with long-term goals.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Willingness to learn new skills and technologies.
Help Desk/Application Support
- Investigate and bring to timely resolution all Help Desk issues.
- Provide guidance to end-users for Tier 2 help desk issues via primarily a help desk ticketing system, but also email, chat and rare virtual meetings.
- Document user issues including clear and concise reproduction scenarios.
- Develop and execute test scripts to validate resolution of issues.
- Modify or create new user accounts (adding new members, changing members, modifying security levels)
- Administer content and reports within the system.
- Occasionally be on-call to support the technology team with rare technical emergencies.
Implementation and Integration Support
- Recommend and document policies on system use and services including best practices.
- Contribute towards initiatives that improve the consistency and quality of our products.
- Where applicable, work directly with the development team to implement new configurations to the system and drive updates requested from Intrepid.
- Analyzes project requirements and develops test plans, test cases and other testing documentation.
- Executes test cases.
- Determines the correct level of regression testing based on planned changes.
- Create and execute semi-formal test cases/plans to run against applications after patches and upgrades have been made.
As needed, including harnessing the candidate’s strengths where they will benefit clients, teammates, and the company.
What We Offer:
- Culture:Collaborative, Inclusive, and Mission-driven
- More in your pocket:Competitive base salary and a strong variable component
- We take care of all aspects of our people:Generous, well-rounded benefits such as Medical, Vision, Dental, Life, Disability, Critical Illness, Accident, FSA, HSA, ID Protection, Pet and Legal Insurance
- Retirement:401K match up to 5%
- We support our families:12 weeks of paid parental leave.
- Continued education:Use our tuition reimbursement program.
- The Importance of Balance:start at 4 weeks’ vacation, 12 sick days, 10 company holidays, and 3 personal days.
- Flexibility:flexible work schedules and remote capabilities (by team) – feel free to skip the commute and hit your deadlines from home
- Casual Dress: be as comfortable at work as you are in your own living room
- Wellness : lots of opportunities for fitness challenges and rewards
Salary Range: $60,000 to $70,000
Who We Are:
VitalSource is the leading education technology solutions provider committed to helping partners create, deliver, and distribute affordable, accessible, and impactful learning experiences worldwide. As a recognized innovator in the digital course materials market, VitalSource is best known for partnering with more than 1,000 publishers and resellers to deliver extraordinary learning experiences to millions of active users globally—and today we’re also powering new, cutting-edge technologies designed to optimize teaching and learning for maximum results. Learn more at https://vitalsource.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, work related mental or physical disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information.