Community Brands – leveling the playing field between for-profits and purpose-driven organizations
Community Brands provides a connected network of solutions that enable mission-driven organizations to thrive. Our software powers non-profits, associations, and K-12 schools to engage the people they serve through programs and events; raise funds to enable their mission; and manage their financials and operations. Our family of brands are bound by a common purpose to serve the organizations that make our communities a better place to live. With over 1,600 employees in the US, Canada, UK, Australia, India, and the Philippines, we know that our success is driven entirely by the people of Community Brands. Through professional opportunity, we strive to give each person a clear path to success and personal growth. We embrace diversity and believe that our differences in experience and perspective are the key to our sustained success.
We are seeking a Senior Developer to join our growing team!
Our agile development process is designed to help our Software Developers succeed in writing elegant code and creating automated tests that validate requirements and avoid regression.
Our new Software Developer will be expected to play a big role in contributing to the technology that is at the core of our product.
A Day in the Life:
- Determine functional and non-functional requirements for existing application
- Complete all development tasks on time and with high quality
- Actively participate in daily SCRUM standup
- Mentor and coach junior development team members.
- Provide consultation to development management team
We are looking for someone who:
- 4+ years professional experience performing software development tasks including coding and QA
- Comprehensive knowledge with respect to the following:
- C#, .NET (Standard and Core)
- Relational Databases (SQL Server preferred)
- Web Services (SOAP, XML, JSON, REST)
- ASP.NET MVC and Web API
- Working knowledge of toolsets such as:
- Build Tools: VSTS Online/TFS, TeamCity, Jenkins, Bamboo
- Source Control: Git or like
- Work Request Systems: TFS, Jira
- SDLC Methodologies:
- Agile, SCRUM, use of architectural patterns/frameworks
- Ability to collaborate on requirements for projects and request
- Ability to properly assess and articulate risk
- Must demonstrate good decision making and effective business acumen
- Must be able to communicate in both written and verbal form
- Must maintain confidentiality of work related information and materials
- Must have a growth mindset and subscribe to a continuous learning philosophy
- Demonstrate expertise and mastery in your area of technology and industry
- Must establish and maintain effective working relationships
Why work here?
Good People, Doing Good Things: Employees at Community Brands are techies and volunteers who strive to make the Company a great place to work. We dream big and are motivated to help our customers use the technology we create to improve the world around us.
- Medical, Dental, & Vision
- Flexible Planned Paid Time Off
- Generous Sick Leave
- Casual Environment
- Purpose Driven Culture
- Work-life balance
- Passionate about Community Involvement
- Company Paid Parental Leave
- Company Paid Short Term Disability
- Remote Flexibility
Community Brands actively embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a meaningful way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be which is why we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States (without sponsorship) and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.