Our growing Finance team is looking for a Senior Incentive Compensation Analyst to be responsible for end-to-end commissions processes, including payment calculation, reporting, and analytics. You will play a key role in developing projects to automate and improve commissions processing and reporting. Additionally, you will assist with compensation plan design and operational aspects to ensure there is a high level of accuracy, transparency, and efficiency related to all aspects of the commissions process. This role reports to the Director, Financial Planning & Analysis, Sales & Marketing.
Why you’ll love this role:
- You will have the opportunity to partner with our entire Customer leadership team and key leaders across the Finance and People teams to support our Incentive Compensation Plan Administration.
- You will own critical business processes that you can iterate on to develop best practices for Newsela that will help us scale as the company grows.
- Your participation in modeling our variable incentive plans will help guide the creation of a new Incentive Compensation Management Software to provide further efficiency, transparency, and reporting to our Sales teams.
Why we’ll love you:
- With 2+ years experience as a financial analyst, you are well-versed in using CRM systems (ideally Salesforce), as well as Excel (vLook-ups, pivot tables, etc.) to work with large datasets and ensure all calculations and formulas are working properly and tie out to overall performance.
- Bonus points if you’ve used a Commision Processing Tool/Software (Xactly, Spiff, Performio, Concert, Commissionly, etc.).
- You are committed to ensuring 100% accuracy in the work you deliver 100% of time. To ensure this you develop processes to safeguard against errors and always socialize your findings with others before submitting.
- You understand the importance of hitting or beating deadlines but when circumstances arise that impact your ability to hit a deadline, you communicate it right away with an action plan and updated timeline.
- You love interacting with people and understand the importance of cross-functional alignment and buy-in before making changes.
- You prefer to over-communicate to ensure your messages are received.
Base compensation: $85,000 – $95,000. Total compensation for this role also includes incentive stock options and benefits. This compensation range may be adjusted based on actual experience.
Newsela takes authentic, real world content from trusted sources and makes it instruction ready for K-12 classrooms. Each text is published at five reading levels, so content is accessible to every learner. Today, over 3.3 million teachers and 40 million students have registered with Newsela for content that’s personalized to student interests, accessible to everyone, aligned to instructional standards, and attached to activities and reporting that hold teachers accountable for instruction and students accountable for their work. With over 15,000 texts on our platform and multiple new texts published every day across 20+ genres, Newsela enables educators to go deep on any subject they choose.
Why you’ll love working at Newsela:
- Health & Wellness: Access to the world’s leading medical experts for healthcare (pets included!). Discounts and resources to stay healthy: mind, body, and soul.
- Work From Home: Almost all of our roles are fully remote – tech stipend included!
- Supporting ALL Families: Supplemental programs and time off to take care of your family and yourself.
- Time Off: Flexible PTO to recharge, including Sabbatical Leave
- Inclusive Experiences: Robust DEIB curriculum, Identity & Experience Groups (Affinity Groups + Employee Resource Group), Authentic & Transparent conversations with Executive Leadership Teams, and integration of DEIB lens across Talent lifecycle processes.
- Professional Development: Holistic Learning & Development Programs that enable meaningful & inclusive experiences, programs that build future-focused competencies, cohort & community learning sessions that foster a sense of belonging, and individual development plans aligned with your personal and professional aspirations to turn goals into reality.
- Make A Difference: No matter your role or department, the work you do each day helps share the future of education and improves the lives of students and teachers.