This is a remote permanent position for those based in the USA.
At NearForm we build digital products that provide users with fantastic digital experiences and allow enterprises to go to market faster, improve customer experience, while transforming their workflows and advancing our clients’ digital agendas. With a recent significant investment into the business, NearForm is poised to scale its impact to more enterprises.
Are you the right person to fuel this growth and add to a wonderfully collaborative culture?
We are looking for a Senior Java Developer who can help our enterprise clients translate their requirements into functional and appealing interactive applications. The ideal candidate will be outcome driven, and have a drive to deliver the best quality output for our clients within specific timeframes.
At NearForm we modernise enterprises with open, creative software, evolving businesses for the modern world. Our teams of experts are helping our clients build cloud-native solutions using industry-leading design, technology and modern practices for software development.
As a Senior Developer at NearForm your main task will be designing & building applications. However as you’ll likely work on a variety of projects your responsibilities may also include:
- Supporting component design, development and maintenance and taking responsibility for personal technical quality standards within the project team.
- Assisting with defining structured practices, especially in source code management, building and deployment.
- Designing and implementing data storage solutions.
- Optimising performance in applications for maximum speed and scalability.
- Getting feedback from users and clients, and building solutions for them.
- Assisting with the analysis of client requirements.
- Working with and supporting Technical Leaders in project execution and timely delivery.
- Collaborating with client teams.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Proficient in English
- Significant experience delivering at a Senior Developer level.
- Practical experience of delivering in an agile environment.
- Practical experience and knowledge of developing real-world solutions.
- Deep knowledge of the Java language and ecosystem
- Deep understanding of versioning control tools – Git.
- Testing experience and familiarity with testing tools at all levels, unit, integration and end to end testing.
- Practical and real world experience working with databases.
- Experience with automation, CI and CD.
- Experience building software collaboratively using pull requests and code reviews
- Deep understanding of SQL Databases (PostgreSQL is preferred).
- Elastic Search
- Good understanding of security and performance considerations.
- General familiarity with a wide variety of open-source technologies and tools.
- Excellent analytical and multitasking skills.
- Work remotely; we have a genuine dedication to work/life balance.
- Work flexibly; we appreciate there are more important things in life than work so our flexible working culture allows you to work around what matters – school run, no problem!
- The Wellness Hub: We have a genuine commitment to fostering/improving NearFormers’ wellbeing; we offer resources and support, including a NearForm advice line which offers confidential support for anything from relationship issues to staying healthy.
Although we are widely dispersed, NearFormers are a tightly-knit team. We trust one another and care about our colleagues. We all get together in person at our annual company retreat, of course when we’re not faced with a global pandemic! Building on our open-source origins, we promote the sharing of thoughts, knowledge and ideas.
NearForm is committed to shaping a better world in all that we do. Our global team is built based on respect, inclusivity, diversity and excellence.