This is a remote permanent position for those based in Canada.
At NearForm we build digital products that provide users with fantastic digital experiences and allow enterprises to go to market faster, improve customer experience, while transforming their workflows and advancing our clients’ digital agendas. With a recent significant investment into the business, NearForm is poised to scale its impact to more enterprises.
Are you the right person to fuel this growth and add to a wonderfully collaborative culture?
We are looking for a Senior .Net Developer who can help our enterprise clients translate their requirements into functional and appealing interactive applications. The ideal candidate will be outcome driven, and have a drive to deliver the best quality output for our clients within specific timeframes.
- Designing & building cloud-based applications using server side technologies within the Microsoft ecosystem, including .net and C#.
- Leading and supporting a small off-shore team.
- Supporting system design, development and maintenance and take responsibility for technical quality standards within the project
- Assisting with defining structured practices, especially in source code management, building and deployment.
- Designing and implementing data storage solutions.
- Implementing security and data protection.
- Executing meticulous automated tests in line with best practice.
- Troubleshooting and debugging applications.
- Optimizing applications for maximum speed and scalability.
- Working with and supporting Technical Leaders in project execution and timely delivery.
Key skills and experiences
You will be involved on all sides of the application development process.. We are keen to hire people who can hit the ground running, as such, there are some skills and experience we really need you to have:
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Experience delivering at a Senior Developer level in an agile and enterprise environment
- Deep understanding of server side code, with experience of developing in .Net Core
- Experience leading or working with an offshore team
- Experience with Azure Cloud and Azure Virtual Machines
- Experience with Docker, specifically hosting containers inside another container (specifically Azure VM)
- Deep understanding of modern testing methodologies, tools and practices.
- Deep understanding of versioning control tools including Git and Azure DevOps.
- Familiarity with microservice architecture patterns
Nice to have
- Experience with Blazor
- Familiarity with common software patterns (Anti Corruption Layer, Command and Query Responsibility Segregation)
- Work remotely; we have a genuine dedication to work/life balance.
- Work flexibly; we appreciate there are more important things in life than work so our flexible working culture allows you to work around what matters – school run, no problem!
- The Wellness Hub: We have a genuine commitment to fostering/improving NearFormers’ wellbeing; we offer resources and support, including a NearForm advice line which offers confidential support for anything from relationship issues to staying healthy.
Please get in touch to discuss remuneration
Although we are widely dispersed, NearFormers are a tightly-knit team. We trust one another and care about our colleagues. We all get together in person at our annual company retreat, of course when we’re not faced with a global pandemic! Building on our open-source origins, we promote the sharing of thoughts, knowledge and ideas.
- A Video Interview with someone from the recruitment team (30 mins approx.) to introduce to you NearForm and the role, and to make sure your experience is relevant for the position.
- An assessment with a member of the hiring team (1 hr approx.), this session is carried out using a screen share. You will be given a challenge and asked to provide a working solution to a specified problem.
- A video call with one of our Hiring Managers (45 mins approx.) which allows us to gain a better insight into what interests you, your technical background, and give you an overview of the work we do at NearForm.
There may also be an additional interview with the client depending on the project. We also conduct background checks for anyone who joins NearForm.
NearForm is committed to shaping a better world in all that we do. Our global team is built based on respect, inclusivity, diversity and excellence.