Pie’s mission is to empower small businesses to thrive by making commercial insurance affordable and as easy as pie. We leverage technology to transform how small businesses buy and experience commercial insurance.
Like our small business customers, we are a diverse team of builders, dreamers, and entrepreneurs who are driven by core values and operating principles that guide every decision we make.
How You’ll Do It
- Organizational Management – align the people strategy with the business strategy
- Partner with business leaders to understand their objectives and provide guidance on people-related matters, including talent acquisition, performance management, compensation, and organizational development.
- Change Management – Work with leaders to manage all changes to the business unit, for example:
- Changes in org design, leadership, reporting structures, and People & Talent related programs and initiatives
- Consultation – Act as a reliable consultant to leaders helping to understand current circumstances and anticipating future ones
- Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Advise managers on employee relations issues, including performance management, employee development, and conflict resolution.
- Talent Development–Partner with leaders to build and maintain an outcomes-oriented, high performing teams, where success is recognized and valued
- Partner with the Learning and Development team to create and implement training programs that enhance employee skills and knowledge.
- Oversee the performance management process and ensure that it is effective in driving employee engagement and performance.
- Use data, tools and resources available to empower leaders in performance management, team culture and engagement.
- Service, Compliance & Risk Mitigation – Identify, manage and mitigate risk to Pie through knowledge of applicable and relevant laws, rules and regulations
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues.
The Right Stuff
- 8+ years of HR experience, related business industry experience, or leading teams with HR related functions, or a combination of related experience/education.
- 5+ years of experience working in a HR Business Partner/People Partner role or a combination of related experience/education required.
- Prior experience supporting Business Development, Sales, and Operations teams is preferred.
- Proficient Workday skills required. Preferred experience with Greenhouse, Google Suite and Slack.
- Strong collaboration skills: advanced interpersonal awareness with the ability to adapt approach and style based on the audience. Highly proficient at evaluating and prioritizing the needs of multiple stakeholders. Develops and sustains collaborative working relationships.
- Advanced critical thinking skills: Competent analytical and critical thinking skills. Utilizes data as an important input to make sound decisions. Able to critically assess situations in business groups, articulate the problem(s), apply developed integrative thinking, to deliver creative, effective and efficient solutions.
- Excellent communication skills: Adapts communication style based on audience/ stakeholder. Clear, concise and consistent verbal and written communicator. Strong ability to navigate and deliver difficult conversations with ease. Effective communication skills enabling influence and persuasion of others.
- Strategic Minded: Able to thread together pieces of information to form a strong understanding of business groups’ priorities, opportunities, and strengths. Ensure goals and objectives are aligned with the organization’s vision and mission. Takes a proactive approach with leaders by looking ahead for vulnerabilities within people strategies, and risks to the organization’s success, while also identifying new opportunities to explore.
Base Compensation Range
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive cash compensation
- A piece of the pie (in the form of equity)
- Comprehensive health plans
- Generous PTO
- Future focused 401k match
- Generous parental and caregiver leave
- Our core values are more than just a poster on the wall; they’re tangibly reflected in our work
Our goal is to make all aspects of working with us as easy as pie. That includes our offer process. When we’ve identified a talented individual who we’d like to be a Pie-oneer , we work hard to present an equitable and fair offer. We look at the candidate’s knowledge, skills, and experience, along with their compensation expectations and align that with our company equity processes to determine our offer ranges.
Each year Pie reviews company performance and may grant discretionary bonuses to eligible team members.
Unless otherwise specified, this role has the option to be hybrid or remote. Hybrid work locations provide team members with the flexibility of working partially from our Denver or DC office and from home. Remote team members must live and work in the United States* (*territories excluded), and have access to reliable, high-speed internet.
Pie Insurance is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.
Pie Insurance participates in the E-Verify program. Please click here, here and here for more information.
Pie Insurance Announces $315 Million Series D Round of Funding
Built In honors Pie in its 2023 Best Places to Work Awards
Pie Insurance Named a Leading Place to Work in Colorado
Check out our great reviews from current and former employees on Glassdoor