Join our team and make the world better for developers!
We are building the Developer Relations dream team in Azure engineering. Our global team is maniacal about making the world amazing for developers of all backgrounds. We’re excited to support and contribute to open source platforms, tools, and processes. We’re spreading awareness of Azure and enabling developers to do what they love; write, code, and learn.
This is the heart and soul of reinventing Microsoft’s relationship with developers. Sound exciting? This is your opportunity to join and be a key part of our mission! Learn more here: www.aka.ms/meettheteam
At Microsoft, our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. The Content & Learning (C&L) Docs team plays a critical role in this mission by providing free, first-party technical documentation, interactive training, code samples, Q&A, and events/shows to people around the world. We are a remote first team with members around the globe.
We are looking for an experienced, self-motivated Product Manager who will define and execute the key strategy for content discovery on one of the largest documentation sites on the internet (docs.microsoft.com).
Who you’ll work with:
You will work with a diverse team of developers, designers, information architects, researchers, product owners, marketing and content creators as we create the future of technical documentation and learning at Microsoft.
Our culture is built around attributes that drive our every decision and our every action:
- Customer Obsession: we exist for and because of the customer. We need people who share that passion and drive to make our customers’ experiences easy, insightful and trusted
- Growth Mindset: we value all perspectives and reward individuals that poke at the edges of what they know to be true. We are seeking people that think differently and are biased toward action to accomplish great things
- Diverse & Inclusive: we enable people who bring a contemporary view to shape our internal teams and encourage all to feel included
- One Microsoft: we collaborate and value the work of others, combining their learnings with our own to make a better outcome for our customers
- Making a difference: we drive impact by looking for ways to continually improve our day-to-day responsibilities and the connections between our work and others
What you’ll do:
- End-to-end Product Owner for key docs.microsoft.com experiences.
- Partner with our information architects, product owners, developers and technology partners to define and execute our strategy for improving site wide discovery.
- Represent the opportunities and needs for our growing content recommendations system.
- Partner with other Microsoft teams to evolve how we are using ML/AI in support of customer discovery needs.
- Collect and synthesize requirements for individual features/projects while keeping the bigger picture in mind (prioritization of requirements, feasibility, scalability, maintenance, be able to know when requirements clash).
- Draw conclusions from data to create business cases, insights, and requirements for meta data system.
Who you are:
- Strong customer focus and passion for doing what’s right for the customer.
- Deeply engaged with search, machine learning, and artificial intelligence technologies in support of content discovery.
- Excellent problem-solver, strategic and creative thinker, commands the respect of developers and designers.
- Active user of analytics, user research, and usability testing experience.
- Comfortable with systems thinking when it comes to discovery and UX, not just experienced using the technical stack.
- Great cross-group collaborator and stakeholder manager specially in situations with competing expectations and conflicting priorities.
- Self-driven and able to work with minimal direction.
- Strong written/verbal communicator, authors compelling documents that drives clarity, engagement, and plans of action.
- Develops solutions and documentation that are transparent, accessible, and adds to a foundation for growth and innovation.
- Experienced teacher for both technical and non-technical stakeholders on content recommendations system and discovery topics.
- 5+ years of Program Management experience or related functions or related equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience working on a product team building large end user centric services or web experiences.
- Experience with Azure Search or similar site search tools.
- Proven experience with a data-driven mindset and ability to experiment, learn, and improve.
- Understanding how content discovery impacts both the business and end-user goals.
- Experience working remote.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
– Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away