Merit’s verified identity ecosystem helps trusted organizations across government and enterprise solve critical real-world problems in workforce development, emergency services, licensing, education, defense readiness, and other sectors. Thousands of trusted organizations – including government agencies and nonprofits – use Merit for digital verification of credentials, licenses, training, and skills.
Using Merit, organizations can capture and certify people data in containers called merits (Watch this video to learn more: What is Merit?), and grant them to individuals. All of an individual’s merits are stored in one place, providing people agency over their verified data, giving people secure access, and selective sharing with other organizations.
By connecting organizations and individuals, the Merit Platform supports a robust verified identity network that serves as a source of truth and trust for entire industries; bringing visibility, liquidity, and trust to people’s data.
Florida Division of Emergency Management
The Florida Division of Emergency Management partnered with Merit to provide a fast, secure, paperless solution for the verification and time-tracking of thousands of volunteers and paid medical professionals assisting with the statewide COVID-19 vaccination efforts. As a result of our work together, FDEM was named a StateScoop 50 Award winner for the State IT Innovation of the Year.
Ohio Department of Education – Afterschool Child Enrichment (ACE) Program
After the Ohio State Legislature created the $125M 2-year Afterschool Child Enrichment (ACE) educational savings account program, the Ohio Department of Education (ODE) contracted Merit to inform parents, guardians, and businesses about the new opportunity and eligibility requirements. Merit developed and delivered support systems, workflows, and digital assets for the ACE program. ODE issued digital credentials to parents and guardians certifying student eligibility, enabling them to use the grants with service providers listed in the Education Marketplace, and the Ohio ACE app is a single destination to view account balances and submit claims.
Virginia’s Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation (DPOR)
DPOR partnered with Merit to streamline licensing and digital credentialing for the more than 300,000 Virginia’s Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation (DPOR) partnered with Merit to streamline licensing and digital credentialing for the more than 300,000 professionals across more than 40 industries that are required to have a license to work. With Merit, those licenses are now digital, accessible, and easily verifiable by consumers and businesses.
Merit’s salaries are competitive and transparent. Here’s a look at our pay bands based on different roles.
Merit’s values are more than just words on paper – they permeate the company’s brand, culture, products, and even individual actions. Our values are:
- Everyone is a friend. We see opportunities everywhere because Merit has endless ways to grow the already vast and self-propagating Verified Identity graph.
- Building a network of truth and trust. Merit is modeling the real world of Verified Identity into a digital one, built on merits. Society values truth and merits represent the truth.
- A rising tide lifts all boats. We think about entire industries and how to make the most impact on people’s lives. When we succeed, our employees, partners, and everyone on Merit should succeed.
- Measure to meaningfully improve. Work is measured by output, not vanity metrics, and the things we do measure have goals.
- Use Merit to build Merit. The strength of the Merit network, platform, and company compounds with the addition of every partner, consumer, and employee.
Benefits at Merit
- Remote first with flexible working hours Unlimited time-off with encouraged minimums
- Medical plans designed to provide comprehensive, high-quality medical and prescription drug coverage with low to no deductible
- Dental and Vision coverage
- Employee Assistance Program with 24/7 support Income protection through basic life insurance, voluntary additional life insurance, and disability insurance
- 401k Program
- Fully paid parental leave for 6 months for both Moms and Dads
- Additional support resources like Rightway care concierge, One Medical, Sibly, and SoFi to support employees in getting the most from their benefits from financial to mental health support
- A dedicated People Operations team always looking for feedback and new opportunities to provide benefits that meet the needs of our employees
Merit is looking for an experienced Product Manager to take ownership of Merit’s Data product suite. In this role, you will define the overall vision and product strategy of our product across data transformations, validations, analytics and reports. For this role, you will need to have a proven track record of successfully managing an entire suite of data products, not just key features, and a mind built for creative problem solving. We’re looking for a mini CEO to own the data platform and data apps.
Merit is a startup environment where you will be expected to roll up your sleeves, take initiative, and get creative about finding solutions to challenges. We are a remote organization with some travel.
What you will do
- Create, own, maintain and evangelize the roadmap of all data products across data ingestion, analytics, reports, and dashboards serving external and internal users
- Be the subject matter expert for all things data in and around Merit and be the voice of all the end users
- Infuse the philosophy of repeatability and platform mindset to data analytics, dashboards and reports and Lean towards buy over build for faster time to market
- Work with our business stakeholders to understand short-term revenue goals and long-term strategic objectives, evangelize roadmap with them and refine it
- Produce PRDs and specs for new work alongside acceptance criteria, and work with the Engineering team to turn PRDs into development tickets.
- Collaborate with the Data Engineering and Data Analytics teams to identify data pipelines for both inward and outward movement of data from external and internal sources
- Work with Test/QA team to validate test plans against acceptance criteria
- Be a strong advocate of privacy, security and ensure all features adhere to Merit’s strict data privacy safeguards
- Work with the Compliance team to ensure the platform adheres to all the industry compliance standards Merit is committed to such as SOC2, HIPAA, FERPA, etc.
- Define and monitor non-functional requirements and KPIs for the platform
- Leverage internal and external user feedback and competitive analysis of data platform landscape to understand user needs and synthesize into product plans
- Maneuver comfortably against both the long-term product vision and short-term revenue priorities
Your Skills & Experiences
- 5+ years of product management experience with a track record of delivering data products to mass markets
- Experience in owning and delivering products across, data ingestion, data analytics, real time dashboards and reporting products, especially in compliance-driven environments such as SOC2, PCI-DSS, HIPAA, etc.
- Knowledge of data lake technologies such as Snowflake, streaming technologies such as Kafka, data reporting tools such as Sigma or Tableau, ELT/ETL processes, SQL, is a huge plus
- Demonstrated ability to present to executives and lead through influence across business & engineering teams
- Proven ability to evaluate new technologies, articulate customer insights, test, learn, and make clear, analytical recommendations
- Track record of identifying market opportunities and articulating competitive differentiators
- Ability to conceptualize, manage, and prioritize multiple projects
- Proven ability to drive results while juggling many priorities and under tight timeframes
- Mastery in writing product materials and experience working closely with marketing on customer messaging
- Strong analytical skills
- Comfort with ambiguity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
$150,450 – $165,500 a year
Merit’s salaries are competitive and transparent. Here’s a link to our pay bands: https://www.merits.com/resources/paybands/corporate-operations
At Merit, we don’t just accept differences, we celebrate, support, and value them for the innate benefit of our employees, the competitive advantage of our products, and the strength of the communities we are a part of. Merit is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. We encourage applications from veterans and military spouses.
Merit is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for our employees. If you need accessibility assistance or a reasonable accommodation, you may contact us at [email protected].