Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
We are at a transformational moment in our company journey – and we’re so excited about it. Each day, we are finding new ways to strengthen our award-winning culture, and to accelerate creativity, innovation and growth. Our purpose is to help customers improve business performance with Dun & Bradstreet’s Data Cloud and Live Business Identity, and we’re wildly passionate and committed to this purpose. So, if you’re looking to make an immediate impact at a company that welcomes bold and diverse thinking, come join us!
The Senior UX Designer will help lead the UX/UI design of ~$140M product portfolio and will help grow our small business digital channel by transforming the user experience across devices. This is an opportunity to transform an established product into a reimagined experience, from product validation through production with the ability to influence the user experience and strategy along the way
The ideal Senior UX Designer will thrive in an Agile work environment that requires strong independent problem-solving skills, self-direction, and innovative thinking coupled with an aptitude and affinity for team collaboration and open communication.
This Senior UX Designer is both highly analytical as well as highly creative, and consistently demonstrates superb design, writing and presentation skills.
This individual fosters collaboration both inside and outside the team, evangelizes and promotes UX within the company, and can juggle several high-level projects while delivering A-level work across the board.
This Senior UX Designer can confidently justify design decisions based on a thorough understanding of contemporary user-centered design methodologies
- 5+ years in a software-based design role, ideally SaaS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design, Interaction Design, or similar field
- Skilled in UX/UI Design with a portfolio demonstrating strong solutions across devices
- Experience working on a product team (ideally utilizing Scrum)
- Deep knowledge of UX tools including Figma and Sketch
- General knowledge of HTML, CSS, and front-end frameworks
- Working knowledge of the Adobe suite, including XD, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Designing pixel-perfect usable, accessible, and engaging user experiences for mobile and web based on research and best practices
- Participating in defining and driving strategic direction from a user experience perspective
- Driving and participating in user research activities
- Taking a product from the POC/Incubation phase into an enterprise-level paid service
- Influencing cross-functional product teams and the organization to achieve solutions that are right for our customers and adhere to the product vision
- Present design concepts to all stakeholders, including Senior Leadership and external partners
- Interpreting data and qualitative feedback for incorporation into company guidance
- A user-centric mindset
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong communication, collaboration, and teamwork sensibilities
- Adaptable to changing priorities
- Ability to translate company goals and objectives into high-performing digital experiences
Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here.
View the pay transparency policy here.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to qualified candidates and employees. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dun & Bradstreet and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to [email protected]. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.