At Vercel, our mission is to enable developers to create at the moment of inspiration. We are the platform for frontend developers, creating tools millions of developers use every day. By unlocking developer potential through the use of open-source tools such as Next.js, React, Svelte, and Turborepo, we enable developers to go from idea to global application in seconds.
As a globally distributed company, we take pride in our ability to work across time zones and continents, fostering collaboration and innovation. Our offices in San Francisco and New York City serve as hubs for our teams to come together and develop the tools that empower our users.
By joining Vercel, you’ll be part of a team that is deeply committed to open-source technologies and dedicated to shaping the future of web development.
About the Role:
We are growing our Creative/Brand Design team at Vercel! Creative Design at Vercel is responsible for the holistic brand experience, across all touch points from events and apparel, to web, to out of home and social media. We encourage a spirit of creativity and exploration and strive to craft visually stunning designs that embody our company’s values while ensuring an intuitive user experience.
We are looking for an experienced Visual Brand Designer who will help shape the visual identity of our brand across different platforms. As a member of our design team, you will collaborate across teams including Product Designers, Engineers, Marketers, and UX Researchers to create visually stunning, effective design solutions that communicate our vision and align with our brand values.
With your full range of skills in graphic design, let’s explore and push the boundaries of what’s possible.
What You Will Do:
- Obsess about typography, imagery, the interplay between words and pictures, and how all of this tells a story appropriate to the brand and our products.
- Demonstrate an understanding of user behavior, funnels, marketing channels, and mobile to fuel creative design.
- Dream up and create illustrations and visual assets for marketing sites, print pieces, event collateral, email campaigns, social media, digital ads, and other channels and media that support growth marketing strategies.
- Partner with/commission work from incredible artists
- Lead our external contractors in creating on brand design solutions
- Identify trends and customer needs to discover new, creative opportunities that can inform iterative testing.
- Collaborate with internal and external teams to develop Vercel’s brand system, tools and standard methodologies on creative assets
- Interpret technical features into easy to understand visual designs that effectively solve business problems.
- Collaborate with product designers and engineers to ensure the coherence of our end-to-end Vercel experience.
- Outstanding graphic design skills (layout, typography, color, and illustration)
- 4+ years of professional experience in a Graphic or Visual Design role
- An expert in Figma and Adobe Creative Suite
- Working knowledge of Motion Graphics, Interaction, and Environmental Design
- Experience developing the process/approach for solving problems
- Empathetic and compassionate teammate, with a bias for action
- Familiar with technology-driven creative environments
- Have a working knowledge of Vercel
- Great compensation package and stock options
- Inclusive Healthcare Package
- Flexible working style – 100% remote, with teammates located throughout the globe
- Learn and Grow – we provide mentorship and send you to events that help you build your network and skills
- Unlimited PTO – 4 weeks recommended per year. Take time when you need it.
- We will provide you the gear you need to do your role, and a WFH budget for you to outfit your space as needed
The San Francisco, CA base pay range for this role is $130,000.00 – $160,000.00. This salary range is an estimate. Actual salary will be based on job related skills, experience and location. Pay ranges outside San Francisco may be adjusted based on employee location. The total compensation package also includes benefits and equity-based compensation. Your recruiter can share more about the specific pay range for your location during the hiring process.
Vercel is committed to fostering and empowering an inclusive community within our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Vercel encourages everyone to apply for our available positions, even if they don’t necessarily check every box on the job description.