For decades, Wizards of the Coast has connected people around the world through play and imagination, with core games that have defined their genres – Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons®. We want to offer more ways to connect and play as the company grows. And that’s where you come in!
What You’ll Do:
As a Software Developer for Online Gaming Services, you will develop services and web applications to enable our partners to create connected experiences for our players.
- You will work with developers who are building online games, supporting both client SDKs (currently Unity and Unreal) and diverse server technologies.
- We are a full stack team and do everything from web to infrastructure and builds.
- Individuals frequently specialize, but broad familiarity is important You will be involved at every stage of application development from architectural design to production support.
What You’ll Bring:
- 2+ years of software development experience in online services.
- Computer science education or similar foundational experience.
- You continually improve your skills, keep abreast of new technologies, and always raise the standard for what is possible on your team.
- You drive improvement and gravitate toward problems that need to be solved.
- You seek feedback and are most concerned with ending up with the best idea, regardless of origin.
- Proven history of delivering customer value and working with others to understand and measure that goal.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment where you can work on a wide variety of technologies and applications.
- Online Gaming Services is a team owning services built with a wide variety of technologies. You will bring prior expertise in one of the following areas, and have many opportunities to learn new things:
- Cloud infrastructure automation experience.
- Backend Service development at scale. You have participated in service design, understand a variety of databases, and have a working knowledge of enterprise design patterns.
- Datastream processing. You have direct experience with streaming data in systems such as Kinesis, SQS, or Kafka.
Nice to Have:
- Experience with Kubernetes and Docker.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation range for this role. The range listed is just one component of Wizards of the Coast’s total compensation package for employees. Employees may also be eligible for annual and long-term incentives. In addition, Wizards of the Coast provides a variety of benefits to employees. Here’s a look at what your benefits package may include: Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation Time & Holidays, Generous 401(k) match, Paid Parental Leave, Volunteer Program, Employee Giving & Matching Gifts Programs, Tuition Reimbursement, Product Discounts, and more.