As a Fortune 50 company with more than 350,000 team members worldwide, Target is an iconic brand and one of America’s leading retailers.
Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into who we are, and we invest in the places we collectively live, work and play. We prioritize relationships, fuel and develop talent by creating growth opportunities, and succeed as one Target team. At our core, our purpose is ingrained in who we are, what we value, and how we work. It’s how we care, grow, and win together.
Target’s Digital business continues to be on the growth path, and the Target mobile app is a critical reason. The Target mobile experience drives huge scale with millions of unique visitors per day. Our goal is to deliver Target’s unique brand promise to guests wherever and whenever they shop: in-store, via drive-up/order pickup, Shipt Same Day Delivery or shipped to home.
About the role:
This Sr. Engineering Manager (SEM) role is responsible for leading a team of iOS and Android engineers within the Target mobile app ecosystem. In partnership with Product and UX, you will lead your team to build outstanding Top of Funnel experiences and capabilities for our guests.
In this role, you will:
- Lead the team to drive capabilities from idea formulation, to design, and to implementation
- Facilitate technical decision making, adhering to Target platform architecture and other enterprise standards and best practices
- Set team strategy and be accountable for team plans and deliverables.
- Drive resolution of technology roadblocks including code, infrastructure, build and deployment
- Manage cross-product technical dependencies and drive resolutions to conflicts
- Advocate for technologies, frameworks, design patterns, processes and guiding values of the domain architecture
- Grow and build a strong, healthy, and diverse team through hiring, mentoring and coaching.
- Foster productive partnerships with the product, UX and Analytics teams.
Core responsibilities are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- Passion for creating a strong and inclusive engineering culture
- Experienced in mobile application development (iOS or Android)
- Strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional projects.
- Software architecture skills. Can drill deep into the complex system design and implementation when needed.
- Experienced in leading customer facing applications through reliability and resiliency fundamentals.
- Experienced with test-driven development and software test automation.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to variety of audiences
- Excellent stakeholder management and ability to partner across engineering, product and UX teams
- Deep understanding of agile development processes and methodology including continuous integration and delivery, with a mindset of building incrementally and delivering business value quickly
This position may be considered for a Remote or Hybrid work arrangement based on Target’s needs. A Hybrid work arrangement means the team members core role will be a blend of virtual and onsite at a Target location. A Remote work arrangement means the team member works full-time from home or an alternate location that’s not a Target location, does not have a desk at their primary HQ work location and may travel to HQ up to 4 times a year. Work duties cannot be performed outside of the country of the primary work location, unless otherwise prescribed by Target. The salary range is :$118,200.00 USD – $212,800.00 USD. Pay is based on several factors which may include, but are not limited to education, work experience, certifications, labor markets, etc. In addition to your salary, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Find competitive benefits from financial and education to well-being and beyond at https://corporate.target.com/careers/benefits.Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.