At Curriculum Associates (CA), we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
Do you want to work at a mission-driven company that is making an impact on education for millions of students across the country? We are looking for a talented and collaborative Senior Designer to bring engaging and innovative design to our portfolio of existing and new print curriculum products.
The Senior Designer reports to the Design Director, Mathematics and is responsible for working independentlyas well as with the internal design team, editorial team, and with key stakeholdersto develop, produce, and manage compelling visual designs from conception through to the completed product. Successful candidates will thrive in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment, and will have a passion for exploring and working to solve issues of inequity within education.
The impact you’ll have:
- Be a Part of creating educational experiences and resources that are used by 10 million students across the country
- Team Up with the Curriculum Associates Design Team to establish creative direction for new core and supplemental math products (print and related digital resources)
- Create unique and compelling visual design solutions that promote a sense of fun and engagement with mathematics content for all learners
- Design components, layouts, and features with a focus on teacher and student usability, never losing focus on the idea that engaged learners are better learners
- Develop innovative products in collaboration with educators and industry leaders to create culturally responsive resources for the students and teachers we serve
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or a comparable level of experience
- Minimum 35 years of experience in the K12 education space, children’s publishing and/or media required, with a focus on Mathematics preferred
- Experience developing and implementing a product-specific visual design plan including the interiors of multiple components, covers and product packaging from prototyping through production, while remaining true to the product guidelines established
- Expert knowledge of all areas of the print design process, including layout, typography, page composition, technical art, illustration and photo/art research and acquisition
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to rapidly exercise independent judgement, along with excellent verbal and written communication skill and the ability to present and articulate art/design strategy to non-designers
- Expert level Adobe CC (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), and Microsoft Office
- Passion for exploration and consumption of print and digital media
- Portfolio submission required to be considered
Location: Remote – USA or Brooklyn, NYC or Billerica, MA