Picture your last move. You probably had a beautiful idea in mind of what it would feel like to settle into your new home – but chances are it ended up being a blur of cardboard boxes, last-minute chores and cold pizza instead. Moving is one of the most universally relatable problems: Everyone’s done it – and everyone knows it’s painful.
At Updater, we know that moving is about more than just about figuring out how to move your couch across town. Moving means switching internet plans, interviewing new babysitters, buying that perfect lamp, figuring out how to meet the neighbors and searching for a new go-to takeout spot. That’s why Updater helps people take control of their moves so they can feel at home faster.
We design and build technology solutions that help take the pain out of moving and home management. Our app helps you find and purchase everything you’ll need for your move (local and long-distance transportation, haul away, storage), your essentials (TV & internet, utilities, insurance, mail forwarding), and your home (maintenance, improvement, ongoing services).
We’re looking for experienced Communications Designers who are motivated to shape the future of relocation-tech and home management through and beyond the moving journey.
About the Role
- Craft brand strategies, visual designs, and interactive experiences to help shape Updater’s visual identity
- Collaborate with the marketing and design teams to produce all branded materials and support all content that requires graphic design
- Create visuals that communicate complex ideas in a clear and cohesive manner
- Design presentations for Keynotes, Webinars, Conferences, and Executive Briefings
- Create slides, graphics, charts, graphs, and data visualizations to tell a story
- Improve efficiency where possible within the marketing team with templates and/or processes that help streamline projects while maintaining our brand integrity
- Work closely with content creation team to create assets that support the business goals
- Maintain library of all marketing assets and manage version control for prospect and customer facing collateral
- Translate requirements into design for scope of project and creative needs by proactively seeking critical information and gathering work requirements from marketing team and other stakeholders
- Craft-Focused: You are passionately dedicated to delivering superior work
- Empathetic: You consider the user’s needs within every interaction
- Adaptable: You are comfortable with ambiguity and responsive to change
- Strategic: You not only solve problems, but also bring them to light
- No-Ego: You have strong opinions, but also embrace being proven wrong
- Collaborative: You know that great design doesn’t happen in a vacuum
- Relentlessly Curious: You view the pursuit of knowledge as essential for success
- 5 – 10 years of professional experience
- You’re eager to support the next evolution of the Updater brand and make a broad impact at the company level
- You have a high bar and an eye for good design – you care about the details and are eager to contribute constructive, thoughtful feedback on designs
Updater makes moving easier for the 17 million households that relocate every year in the US. With Updater, users seamlessly forward mail, transfer utilities, connect TV and internet, and much more. Thousands of the most prominent real estate companies in the US (from real estate brokerages to multifamily and relocation companies) rely on Updater’s real estate products to save clients hours with a branded and personalized Updater moving experience.
Headquartered in New York City, Updater has raised over $250 million from leading investors, including SoftBank Capital, IA Ventures, Commerce Ventures, Second Century Ventures (the strategic investment arm of the National Association of Realtors®), and more. Updater ranked #3 on Crain’s 2016 Best Places to Work in NYC, ranking as the highest-rated tech company on the list, and ranked #7 in 2018. For more information, please visit www.updater.com.
Updater is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.