Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
How you’ll make an impact
Xero’s senior product content designers use words to design intuitive product experiences.
By combining content design, UX writing, and problem solving skills, they transform complex processes and information into simple, user-focused flows and interactions.
Our content designers work closely with product designers, focusing on the experience for customers who are logged in to Xero’s online software (rather than the website, or marketing content).
What you’ll do
- Join a small and supportive team as our first US-based content designer
- Apply your knowledge of content design and UX writing best practices to create copy that is clear, scannable, accessible, and appropriate in voice and tone
- Structure and order information to deliver the most useful content – and just enough – at each point in a user’s journey
- Collaborate with product designers – sometimes co-designing experiences as part of a project team, and sometimes sharing knowledge and coaching designers in UX writing
- Own and drive initiatives to evolve the practice of content design at Xero
- Develop relationships with cross-functional partners, and build awareness of the value and impact of content design
- Contribute to our content guidelines and design system
- Help plan and participate in user research, and translate insights into content design solutions
What you’ll bring
- Ideally, you have experience working as a content designer, UX writer, or content strategist in a design team
- Excellent UX writing and content design skills – you’re able to structure information to create intuitive experiences, and communicate complex ideas in simple language
- A positive and proactive approach to influencing stakeholders and advocating for content design
- Expertise in communicating your decisions and ideas to a variety of people in effective ways
- A collaborative and inclusive approach, with the ability to also lead initiatives autonomously
Working at Xero:
At Xero, we are rewiring the small business economy and want millions of small businesses to thrive through beautiful software, advice, and connections.
We see the value in work-life balance, many of us take full advantage of our flexible working arrangements, so whether you like to get a surf in before work, like to head home in time to pick up the kids or you just like working from the comfort of your own home now and then, we want to support you.
We trust you to build your career to the best of your ability and we will support your hunger to learn with training and career mentorship, to help you flourish. Our facilities and PX teams work hard to give us great workspaces with all the tech company perks so join us and experience our awesome culture!
To be considered for this role, you’ll need to include a folio of your work with your application. Please send or point us to examples that show your ability to write content for a user interface (like an app, an online software product or a website).
Diversity of people brings diversity of thought, and we like that. A collaborative and inclusive environment is important to us. Working at Xero will provide you with a diverse and inclusive environment alongside people who will respect, challenge and support you to have fun while you do the best work of your life. We are a place where personal development, innovation, and well-being are not just inspired but celebrated.
We value our people and offer a wide range of compelling benefits and perks, including Xero shares and great parental leave policies. Xero’s collaborative culture is underscored by our values – #Ownership, #Challenge, #Beautiful, #Human and #Team – which empower us to understand and serve customers, attract top talent and continuously innovate. From the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.
Please note that we currently require all employees and contractors to be vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to work from a Xero office, or engage in any face-to-face Xero business. Xero will work with anyone who is not vaccinated, or prefers not to disclose their vaccination status, to determine if any reasonable accommodations can be provided to ensure their role can be performed safely whilst the restriction is in place.