When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a hard-working, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With annual revenues of approximately $40 billion and the most significant investment in R&D in the industry, we give our over 100,000 colleagues the resources and chances to create meaningful contributions to the world.
Location/Division Specific Information
Thermo Fisher Scientific’s Global Operations IT department is seeking a highly motivated individual to build and maintain Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) solutions for various manufacturing sites globally.
How will you make an impact?
This position plays a key role in designing and building applications and systems to digitally transform our Manufacturing operations by equipping and empowering our business to make sustainable process improvements.
What will you do?
This role will work with Manufacturing, IT, and Engineering to build solutions that enable manufacturing plants to monitor their equipment and processes to drive continuous improvement.
How will you get here?
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS, or equivalent
- Relevant technical certificates or equivalent work experience acceptable
- 2+ years experience in implementing industrial automation and/or IoT solutions for data contextualization
- Experience using PTC ThingWorx, PTC Kepware, OSIsoft PI AF, or similar
- Strong database knowledge (e.g. MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL)
- Solid grasp of software version control and release management
- Experience in cloud architecture using AWS; certification is a plus
- Experience with MES systems such as Parsec TrakSys is a plus
- Experience in designing, developing, and supporting software solutions in the Manufacturing domain
- Experience with front-end frameworks, such as Angular and React
- Experience with microservices, REST APIs, web services
- Life Science industry background is a plus
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Proven attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to work as a team member and/or work independently and handle various tasks
- Ability to tear down complex problems into smaller components and develop solutions that reduce total cost of ownership over the long run
- Strong written and oral communication skills with internal customers and all levels of management in a non-technical manner
- Strong leadership skills, prioritization abilities and drive to take ownership of issues and tasks
Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Watch as our colleagues explain 5 reasons to work with us. As one team of 100,000+ colleagues, we share a common set of values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement – working together to accelerate research, solve complex scientific challenges, drive technological innovation and support patients in need. #StartYourStory at Thermo Fisher Scientific, where diverse experiences, backgrounds and perspectives are valued.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Job Seekers with a Disability: Thermo Fisher Scientific offers accessibility service for job seekers requiring accommodations in the job application process. For example, this may include individuals requiring assistance because of hearing, vision, mobility, or cognitive impairments. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or assisting a person with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone at 1-855-471-2255*. Please include your contact information and specific details about your required accommodation to support you during the job application process. We’d love to hear from you!
- This telephone line is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requiring accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Messages left for other purposes, such as not being able to get into the career website, following up on an application, or other non-disability related technical issues will not receive a response.