Strategic Product Partner Manager (remote), Experian Consumer Service
About us, but we’ll be brief
Experian is the world’s leading global information services company, unlocking the power of data to create more opportunities for consumers, businesses and society. We are thrilled to share that FORTUNE has named Experian one of the 100 Best Companies to work for. In addition, for the last five years we’ve been named in the 100 “World’s Most Innovative Companies” by Forbes Magazine.
Experian Consumer Services (ECS) – Over the past 5 years, ECS has achieved considerable growth, and we are now seeking experienced professionals who can make meaningful contributions toward our mission to bring Financial Power to All. As an industry disruptor and market leader, we pride ourselves on taking risks and pushing boundaries through innovation to help consumers—regardless of their financial situation—realize their financial goals. While we are proud of the strategic progress we have made, we have even higher ambitions for the future of our business and what it can bring to consumers worldwide. The next 5 years will set the stage for a broader transformation of Experian, led by our increasing consumer-centric focus and expansion into new markets.
Experian is hiring a Strategic Partner Manager within its Direct-to-Consumer product organization. As Experian continues its year over year growth, it must offer new, differentiated services to consumers which is dependent upon its ability to source unique capabilities from the right partners. This position will be integral to not only identifying and securing new partners but collaborating with Experian teams to define the company’s product vision
What you’ll be doing
Experian is seeking a Strategic Partner Manager who will be responsible for understanding the competitive landscape, scanning the market for compelling product offerings, and pursuing, securing and managing key strategic partners. This position will report directly to the Vice President of Strategic Product Partnerships. Some specific responsibilities of the role include:
- Conduct ongoing analysis of features and services offered by Experian’s competition, direct and indirect, as well as the overall FinTech market
- Perform consumer services market scan and analysis to identify categories of product innovation and communicate findings and recommendations to Experian leadership
- Collaborate with product team members to define product roadmap and associated business case
- Contact and interview prospective partners to understand product features and potential fit with Experian
- Coordinate interaction between prospective partners and all Experian stakeholders, including but not limited to product, marketing, finance, engineering, legal and compliance
- Conduct partner negotiations and author partner agreements
- Ensure partners deliver on their commitments, track their performance and manage the overall relationship
What your background looks like
- Experience performing market research and analysis and presenting conclusions
- Demonstrated proficiency preparing for and interviewing 3rd parties to assess product and service capabilities
- Experience with defining consumer products and justification for resource investment
- Robust presentation skills, including the assembly and delivery of thoughtful, effective content
- Accustomed to concurrently managing multiple partner relationships
- Skilled in negotiating business terms and constructing partner agreements
- During this pandemic, all Experian employees are working remotely. Once it’s safe to do so, we’ll slowly return to our offices however we are in no rush to do this. The safety of our employees is of utmost importance.
- Four (4) weeks of vacation to start, five (5) sick days and two volunteer days (plus eleven paid holidays)
- Competitive pay and comprehensive benefits package, with a bonus target of 15%
- Flexible work schedule and relaxed dress code
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Experian is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Our goal is to create a thriving, inclusive and diverse team where people love their work and love working together. We believe that diversity, equity and inclusion is essential to our purpose of creating a better tomorrow. We value the uniqueness of every individual and want you to bring your whole, authentic self to work. For us, this is The Power of YOU and it ensures that we live what we believe.
Experian U.S. employees are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.