This is a 12-month fixed term contract.
About the Role
In this role, you will be responsible for growing and account managing the Hipcamp Host Community in your geographic region through daily engagement with farmers, private landowners and caravan parks. Hosts are at the core of our community, and helping more landowners and caravan park owners discover and sign up for Hipcamp is your mission. In this role you will identify, prospect and onboard landowners and caravan parks in your region, owning a pipeline of hundreds of leads per week and accelerating the lifecycle from lead to Hipcamp Host. You will be responsible for reaching out to and onboarding new Hosts, identifying opportunities to add properties in specific areas, and reaching out to both commenced and potential Hosts to educate them on Hipcamp, help onboard them onto the platform, and ensure they are set up for success.
What Success Looks Like
– You grow the Host Community by introducing prospective partners to the Hipcamp platform and facilitating their onboarding.
– You are comfortable with and excited about a high-volume role because you know that the more people you talk to, the more Hosts will join the Hipcamp Community.
– You approach every conversation as an opportunity to get to know someone.
– You use data to understand the types of Hipcamp Hosts and caravan parks who perform best so you can bring more of them onto the platform and into the Hipcamp Community and work with the Hosts and campgrounds in your region to ensure their success.
– You use data to create and execute workflows that enable you to share your learnings with the rest of the Hipcamp Team, sharing information on and feedback from the Host Community meticulously and regularly.
– You develop a meaningful understanding of market dynamics (seasonality, demand patterns, pricing, Host personas, points of interest, etc.).
– You ensure that Host listings (descriptions, photos, rates, and availability) are optimised to maximise Hipcamp customer conversion and provide great experiences.
– You work with Hosts to secure additional inventory and availability to prepare for high demand and peak season periods to maximise their earning potential.
– You’re methodical and accurate, but you execute with urgency and roll up your sleeves to get the job done.
– No task is too small for you, as you’re solely focused on growing a thriving Host and caravan park community in your region.
– When you see an opportunity, you go for it.
– You know that your, and the company’s, success is tied to operating in a highly collaborative way.
– You partner with others in the Ops organisation, Support, Marketing, Product, Engineering, and Analytics teams to coordinate, execute, and learn faster.
– You know that we’re stronger working together as a team.
What Sets You Up For Success
– 3+ years of sales experience.
– Deep knowledge and experience with caravan parks.
– Your schedule is flexible, and you can work on US East Coast and US West Coast hours, depending on seasonality, project, or priority.
– You can travel with short notice for conferences, meetings, or events.
– You bring energy and hustle to your roles, and don’t limit yourself to “how things have always been done”.
– You carve new paths to prove that there’s a better way.
– Propensity to ask insightful questions, conduct thorough research, and understand both high-level strategy and ground-level tactical needs.
– You excel at developing and maintaining relationships with different types of people.
– Ability to analyse Hosts performance, identify opportunities and execute meaningful action plans based on the data.
– Strong aptitude to effectively prioritise work and focus on achieving clearly defined goals.
– You consider yourself to be an expert communicator who is able to effectively communicate across diverse demographics and through a variety of communication channels including, email, phone, in-person, and text.Outbound sales experience is a plus. Familiarity with CRMs.
– Proficiency in Business Intelligence tools (e.g. Amplitude, Looker), Excel, Asana, Google Suite.
– Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
– Comfort working in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
– Comfort collaborating with a distributed team.
$0 – $0 a year
Salary will be competitive and based on experience.
All team members receive an annual grant of $1,000 AU in Hipcash because we believe getting outside is excellent preventative medicine in addition to increasing your creativity, lowering your stress, and making you an overall more awesome human. We focus on results, not hours. We believe that clearly defined goals combined with great people, empowerment, and autonomy create the best results. We feel confident that inclusive and diverse teams working on an important cause can accomplish extraordinary things. Hipcamp is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. In fact we are confident that the most inclusive and diverse teams accomplish the most extraordinary results.