Hipcamp unlocks access to private land, creating new places for people to get outside and go camping and stay in unique accommodation. We believe that spending time in nature is essential to a happy and healthy human life, and we are passionate about our mission to get more people outside. We are deeply proud of the impact Hipcamp creates by making nature more accessible, providing income to support the protection of private land, and creating community across the urban-rural divide.
About this position
This is a full-time position for candidates with the right to work in the UK.
Hipcamp is seeking a Support Guide who is passionate about the outdoors and is energised by working with people. We are looking for someone that appreciates cross-functional collaboration and is excited to contribute to the excellent customer support that Hipcamp is known for! The Support Team at Hipcamp is made up of both in-house and distributed teammates, which means we know how to create a remote culture that works. It’s important for this role that you’re comfortable working closely with both distributed and in-office teammates.
What you will get to do
Support Guides build trust and happiness within the Hipcamp community by responding to camper and host tickets with confidence and empathy by phone, email, and social media. Our Support Guides are resident experts on the Hipcamp platform and typically have a wealth of knowledge and experience with camping in general. The Support Team works cross-functionally with every other team at Hipcamp to bring the voice of the community to the wider company.
Support Guides are on the front lines talking to the Hipcamp community. They report on data and share narratives from customer conversations that inform product and policy improvements. Having an eye for larger trends while providing attentive, human service is at the heart of what we do on the Hipcamp Support team.
- This is a full time position for candidates with the right to work in the UK.
- This is a remote position, so you’ll need to have a quiet space to work with a strong and stable internet connection.
- Flexibility is highly valued on our team! Expect to work different shifts occasionally and to work during seasonal busy periods. Schedules will be set weeks in advance.
- We value a healthy work-life balance and organise ourselves to ensure when you are not scheduled, you are completely off and hopefully enjoying the outdoors.
This role is for you if:
- You want to be part of a lean and mean Support Team distributed across the UK, Australia, and the US
- You’re a positive person whose mission is to help our community and you’ll love offering solutions to problems
- You enjoy the work of fast-paced start-ups or want to join one
- You are excited about the opportunity to grow at Hipcamp as we encourage you to learn quickly and take ownership of your growth
- You are excited to be on the front lines working with our community of Hosts and Hipcampers to ensure their questions are answered, concerns are heard, and problems are solved
- You would feel confident in making decisions and working through tickets autonomously after being trained
- You are energized by being an internal advocate for our users
- You are familiar with Slack, Zendesk, Asana, and G Suite or are excited and confident in yourself to learn them
- You have two or more years of customer service on your resume
- Bonus points if you’ve camped with us before!
About Our Work Environment
Compensation will be a mix of salary and stock options. It is based on your location and will be highly competitive compared to similar-stage companies.
Health is essential to happiness. All team members receive $1K in Hipcash because we believe getting outside is excellent preventative medicine in addition to increasing your creativity, lowering your stress, and making you an overall more awesome human.
We focus on results, not hours. We believe that clearly defined goals combined with great people, empowerment, and autonomy create the best results. We feel confident that inclusive and diverse teams working on an important cause can accomplish extraordinary things.
Hipcamp is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. In fact we are confident that the most inclusive and diverse teams accomplish the most extraordinary results.