Work whenever and wherever you want.
We don’t just accommodate remote work, we invite it, support it, and celebrate it. Our tax and audit teams may be spread across the country, but they work together seamlessly and successfully. We trust you to get your work done, whether you’re in person, hybrid, or fully remote.
A culture where flexibility and balance add up to success.
Our leadership team knows that public accounting is a demanding profession, which is the very reason for our ‘people-first’ culture. What works best for you works best for us.
Perkins empowers its staff with reasonable expectations around working hours: Full-time managers have agoal of 1375 charge hours (2300 total hours), generally without the expectation that you’ll work weekends—unless that’s your thing. We’re working hard to get busy season hours down to an average of 50 hours/week.
Time off to recharge.
Empowering our staff with ample time off is central to how we operate and an important component to giving you the time you need to recharge. In addition to 5 weeks of PTO, enjoy 14.5 paid holidays and paid leave options, including parental leave.
A smart move for your career.
Join our team, and you’ll work with a damn good group of seasoned accounting professionals who thrive on a culture of respect, support, and being refreshingly easygoing, without sacrificing crucial career development and experience.
We’ll give you the tools and resources to do your best work and mentorship programs that go above and beyond standard training, including self-selected development courses and career coaches. Our open-door policy gives you easy access to leadership, and our “choose your own adventure” approach to career development allows you to grow your career the way you want. We invite you to focus on your passions, promote you when you’re ready, and celebrate each career milestone you experience with us.
What makes you a fit for this role?
- Must be CPA licensed (active)
- 5+ years of recent experience in public accounting that includes working in a paperless environment, reviewing complex returns, researching complex tax issues, managing client engagements, supervising project teams, and collection of accounts receivable
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven ability to give and receive positive and constructive feedback
- Organized, detail-oriented, and good problem-solving skills
- Ability to adopt new/changing technology; adept at using MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams) and tax software (preferably CCH Axcess & Engagement)
- Collaborative approach to getting work done, shares knowledge, and seeks knowledge of others as appropriate
Compensation and benefits:
- Salary range is $115K – $136K annually, varying DOE. Compensation may be adjusted for those who live in areas with a higher cost of labor than Portland, OR
- 401(k) profit sharing plan; immediate vesting of employer contributions
- 14.5 paid holidays, 5 weeks of paid time-off (PTO), parental leave
- Incentive plan for sales leads
See our full list of benefits.
A company you’ll feel proud to be part of.
We don’t like to brag, but we have some significant accolades under our belt—all thanks to our passionate teams. At Perkins, we feel good about our work and love that our community feels good about it, too.
- Majority women-owned
- 3rd Most Diverse Accounting Firm in Portland Metro (Portland Business Journal)
- Best of Accounting Diamond Award for Exceptional Client Service (ClearlyRated)
- 15 years on Oregon’s Most Admired Companies list (Portland Business Journal)
- America’s Best Tax and Accounting Firms (Forbes)
- We AAM to Serve award for Corporate Philanthropic Efforts (Association for Accounting Marketing)
- Best Accountant of Portland (Willamette Week reader’s poll)
Does Perkins sound like the perfect fit for you? We keep it simple: just submit your resume or LinkedIn profile—no tedious application form or cover letter required.
Perkins & Co is an Equal Opportunity Employer