Degreed is the upskilling platform that connects learning to opportunities. We integrate everything people use to learn and build their careers—skill insights, LMSs, courses, videos, articles, and projects—and match everyone to growth opportunities that fit their unique skills, roles, and goals. Degreed exists to discover, empower and recognize the next generation of the world’s expertise.
We’re expanding our product team and are looking for an experienced product professional to join us to help solve problems for our clients. In this role, you will work within the Platform Services team which designs, develops, and maintains critical internal and external platform level tools and capabilities including, but not limited to: APIs and developer experience, authorization and authentication, identity services, SSO (single sign-on), security and compliance, and platform architecture.
This role reports to the VP, Product Management.
Day in the Life
- Review and assess technical requirements/solutions engineering with various integrated platforms
- Understand and mitigate the risks associated with changes or additions of new data from new sources
- Collect and synthesize market insights to identify the unique problems faced by clients and ideate, explore, and validate solution concepts that solve them
- Distribute market and product knowledge amongst our internal teams, especially Sales, Marketing and Customer Success
- Build an outcome-focused product roadmap, manage competing needs and changing requirements under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment, while maintaining a backlog focused on impactful initiatives
- Act as the Product Owner to facilitate day-to-day meetings such as stand-ups, sprint planning and grooming to keep everyone aligned and on track
- Meet clients to understand their needs and discuss roadmapped plans
- Write clear initiatives, epics and user stories based on the product roadmap
- Assess and address technical, security, and compliance risks
- Follow competitors and conduct capability analysis regularly
- Support strategic integration initiatives
Who You Are
- 3+ years of experience as a Technical Product Manager or Product Owner or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience managing enterprise SaaS products
- Experience using “jobs-to-be-done” (or similar) as a structured approach to uncovering user needs
- Enthusiasm for close partnerships with designers, engineers, other PMs, and the broader team
- Strong analytical background, including the ability to break down and work through complex problems and workflows using data
- Ability to tell a persuasive story and convey information in a digestible format
- Ability to see the big picture while maintaining close attention to detail
- Proactive, entrepreneurial mindset, with a record of success in a high-growth context
- Experience working directly with software developers using agile methodologies
- Experience in project management tools and workflows (JIRA or similar tools)
What Sets You Apart
- Experience with one or more of the following: API, SSO (single sign-on), Integrations design including working with 3rd party systems integrators and integration platforms
- Knowledge of enterprise learning and/or HR information systems a plus
Compensation and Benefits at Degreed
Degreed is passionate about pay transparency and we are committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The pay range for this role is $120,000 – $140,000. Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to: skill set, depth of experience, certifications, and specific work location. This may be different in other locations due to differences in the cost of labor.
We believe your best work happens when you have a complete life balance, and Degreed gives you the support and flexibility to make that happen. Degreed is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides the support you need. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits and wellness programs:
- Comprehensive health insurance for you and your family (both PPO and HDHP plans available)
- Dental and vision plans for you and your family
- Employer-paid life insurance, AD&D, short-term disability, and long-term disability
- Company equity
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with up to 4% match
- Company funded HSA and dependent care FSA (pending eligibility)
- Generous Parental Leave
- Unlimited Paid Time Off and 5 sick days per year
- Education benefit: Up to $1,200 per year for anything you want to learn (and we mean anything!)
- One-time Home Office Stipend to make your workspace more comfortable
- Monthly internet and phone stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend through Forma
- Wellness programs focused on your financial, physical, and mental wellbeing
*Degreed reserves the right to modify these benefits at any time, for any reason in accordance with applicable law. Please note the offerings vary based on location.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
Degreed is a remote-first company, however our roles are open to in-office or hybrid if you live in a city with a physical office location. This role has the opportunity to operate 100% virtually from your home office. We primarily collaborate with our US and International colleagues through virtual meetings (Zoom), email, and Slack. In this role, you will be required to operate a laptop computer (PC or Mac available), computer software platforms, and other office productivity machinery as necessary. Due to the nature of this role, you must be able to remain stationary for extended periods, and must be able to observe and interpret written and/or verbal communication.
Degreed provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We are committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Degreed will provide reasonable accommodations to all qualified individuals with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Degreed uses the E-Verify employment verification program.