About the role
The entire team works out of the main queue, so you’ll spend much of your day helping potential and current customers via email. If you’re curious to hear how our team works together, check out this webinar. While email support will be the majority of your day, everyone on the team helps out in Beacon chat, and you’ll also hop on impromptu calls with customers when needed.
You’ll become an expert in all areas of the product. You’ll troubleshoot potential bugs, document feature requests, and collaborate with the rest of the team to help elevate the voice of the customer at Help Scout. We’ll help set you up for success to become a mindful, contributing member of our support team. Specialists help a minimum of about 250 customers a month, but we won’t overburden you with quotas, empty policies, or unnecessary procedures. Doing what’s in the best interest of the customer is at the heart of what we do.
Career Growth on the Customers Team
The Customers team is a vocal and respected advocate for the customer at Help Scout, and we value strong collaboration with other teams, including Engineering and Product, Marketing, Sales, and People Ops. We care about your career development as a support professional, and we’ll make sure you’re developing skills and knowledge that will serve you for years to come. To learn more about our team structure and opportunities for growth within the Customers team, check out this blog post: Career Paths for Customer Service Agents at Help Scout. We actively promote from within the Customers team – both for managers and specialists.
Just the facts
- This is a full-time, remote position. You’re someone who thrives working autonomously and don’t need much (if any) oversight to get things done.
- At this time, we are only able to hire in the following: Denmark, Finland, Germany, Ireland, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, United Kingdom.
- We are looking for someone who can work Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm Central European Time.
- Salary: We have an internal transparent salary matrix for each team. For this role, the salary options are $73,000, $77,000, or $83,000 USD. Read more about how we approach compensation here!
- You take initiative and ownership to see things through to completion. If it needs doing, you do it.
- You’re eager to take on challenges. When you don’t know something, you embrace the chance to grow and get better. Former teammates and managers would call you resilient and balanced.
- We work together as a team, and that means we encourage each other to improve as a team. You are self-sufficient and love the challenge of solving problems and learning new things.
- You have some experience working in Support or Success. You’re passionate about support and the important role it plays in a company, and you’re excited to build a customer-centric career.
- You welcome an environment where you can do great work independently.
- You’re patient, an active listener, and you’re naturally curious with a strong desire to learn.
- You’re an incredible communicator, fluent in written English. Your writing is clear and simple.
- Your empathy and self-awareness help you intuitively and proactively solve potential customer troubles. You’re a problem solver who goes out of their way to help people – always.
Competitive salary – Our salary formula is public to all employees (but doesn’t divulge your specific salary) and we update it at least once per year. Your salary is the same no matter where you live. Our goal is to pay at or above the market rate of a US-based tech hub like Boston or Seattle.
Health and dental insurance – We cover you and your family’s health/dental insurance 100%. If you are based in the US, we’ll cover you on our Aetna policy. If you’re based outside the US, we’ll reimburse your out-of-pocket health and dental insurance costs.
Long-term/short-term disability insurance & life insurance – we cover 100% of the premiums for LT/ST disability insurance and base life insurance. You also have the option to purchase supplementary life insurance through our provider (currently US only).
Flexible vacation – Take time off when you need it! We recommend 3-4 weeks in addition to public holidays, but there are no firm rules. We trust you.
Sabbatical – After you’ve been at Help Scout for 4 years, you get a month of paid vacation (in addition to regular vacation) and $2,500 to spend towards travel, learning, projects or anything else during your time off. Read about what our CEO did.