The sudden rise in new remote work models has triggered an increase in the adoption of collaboration tools, an acceleration of digital transformations, and the need for visibility into how work gets done.
Legacy metrics for assessing productivity in the workplace alone, are no longer sufficient for making the right business decisions in today’s reality. Companies must redefine their tech stack and data-driven dashboards to gain insights into how to inspire employees, boost team efficiency and promote positive outcomes– all while building a culture based on trust and transparency.
Redefining the measurement of performance in the workplace is one of the most important things an organization can do to modernize their workplace. And at ActivTrak, we’re taking on this challenge.
ActivTrak is a product-led, innovative software company that introduced it’s award-winning workforce analytics platform in 2015. Our cloud-based platform provides productivity insights into how teams work, improving employee and customer experience, while also enabling better business outcomes.
At ActivTrak, we recognize the powerful link between these two concepts and we’re on a mission to understand it more every day. Alongside 9000+ paying customers, our team uses the platform internally to assess team and organizational performance, hone product features, develop best practices, streamline processes, invest in new innovations, and promote a culture of immediate feedback and transparency.
We are a fast-growing, agile company with a forward-thinking, inclusive culture. Our teams are encouraged to collaborate daily to solve challenges, create and champion new ideas, and execute initiatives that help global customers and their modern workforces succeed by working better together. We’ve grown our team to over 100 people, raised over $70M from some of the best venture capital firms around like Sapphire Ventures and Elsewhere Partners, and have experienced triple digit growth with ARR in eight figures.
Customers love our product – with an average rating of 4.7/5 stars across 800+ online reviews.
What you will do:
Documentation has evolved! The channels and media that serve up content have forever transformed from typical help text and monolithic PDFs.
ActivTrak’s intuitive UI allows users to focus on the why and what next, rather than the how. We need a technical content strategist with exceptional content organization and project management skills to deliver information through an engaging and on demand user experience for our growing platform.
As Technical Content Strategist, you’ll define the strategy and author high-quality technical content that serves a variety of audiences.
- Drive the overall quality bar for content creation and knowledge management company-wide
- Organize and catalog content assets across the company for version control and reuse
- Work with PMs and the UX design team to interview users and collect qualitative data around user personas, learning styles
- Metricate the value and use of content produced to ensure maximum effectiveness
- Translate PM designs and engineering deliverables into easy-to-understand Help Center content focused not only on step-by-step documentation, but also how customers will get value from the product
- Work with product managers, engineers, product marketing and customer success teams on a holistic approach to create and deliver content across different audiences, use cases, and interfaces. This may include documentation, videos, diagrams, interactive tutorials or any form of new media.
- An expert in delivering high-quality software documentation
- Adept at developing and interpreting metrics
- Excellent at project management
- Adept at communicating technical concepts clearly and precisely
- 5+ years of technical documentation experience for SaaS offerings
- Experience as a technical writer, program manager, or product manager
- Experience with sophisticated documentation platforms and/or tools
- Position is remote within US
- Minimal travel may be required when traveling restrictions are lifted
- Limited physical demands
We have seven foundational values that are core to who we are and how we work:
- Customer-focused: Our customers are the lifeblood of the business
- Respectful: Treat everyone with respect, decency and kindness
- Innovative: Be bold; experiment and learn/fail fast
- Data-driven: Measure what matters most
- Open and direct: Engage is open and direct dialogue across teams
- Accountable: Be accountable to each other, our customers, our partners and yourself.
- Execution-oriented: We value the spirit of debate, new ideas and fast decision-making
This position has the highest visibility across the organization and reports directly to Ramon Chen, Chief Product Officer, ActivTrak and is a great opportunity to embark on an exciting journey with an early-stage, dynamic VC-backed company.
If you have a positive attitude towards urgency, risk, and challenges that comes with working in a startup environment, then you will be a great fit! To see the many faces of ActivTrak, visit https://activtrak.com/our-team/.
Please email your resume and cover letter, with any writing samples for consideration to [email protected]
ActivTrak is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
ActivTrak does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.