The USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project seeks short-term Supply Chain Management Technical Writers. GHSC-PSM is the primary vehicle through which USAID 1) procures and provides health commodities, 2) provides technical assistance to improve partner countries’ management of the supply chain, and 3) collaborates with key international stakeholders to support global health initiatives.
The project works with USAID to supply health commodities for HIV/AIDs, malaria, family planning/reproductive, maternal, newborn, and child health, COVID-19, cross-cutting activities across health areas, and strengthening health care systems.
The consultant will support the Knowledge Management and Communications (KMC) Team. The technical writer will research and document project successes, lessons learned, and effective supply chain management techniques with the goal that this research will contribute to improvements in global health and supply chain management.
Potential Areas of Expertise and Research Topics Include
- Cold chain
- Emergency supply chain
- HIV/AIDS Medicine Transition
- Last-mile delivery
- Laboratory system strengthening
- Supply chain management for health commodities
The Consultant Will Be Responsible For
- Conducting public health supply chain management desk research.
- Develop interview questions and facilitate remote interviews with project staff and subject matter experts.
- Drafting an outline for client review
- Analyzing and synthesizing research-based project or client priorities, ensuring consistent research.
- Providing high-quality writing and editing for all technical documents
- Working collaboratively with appropriate KMC team members to fine-tune language according to client and project preferences or standards.
- Ensuring that materials are consistent with GHSC-PSM’s branding and marking requirements
- Attending meetings with project leaders and client
- Responding to and incorporating staff and client feedback into an outline and up to two drafts of the final deliverable.
Duration of Assignment: The duration of the assignment will be determined based on the specific research being conducted.
Location of Assignment: Remote.
Consultant supervision: Consultants will report to KMC Manager but coordinate with an assigned project manager.
- Advanced degree in public health, international development, or relevant fields.
- Previous experience publishing white papers, research, toolkits, guidelines, journal articles, or other technical documents.
- Must be a detailed-oriented and excellent proofreader.
- Previous writing samples are required.
- Familiarity with global health policy and programs is strongly preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Proficiency in French and/or Portuguese desired.
- Excellent attention to detail and grammar.
- Proficient in MS Office suite and Google Docs.
Panagora Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran disability or genetic information or any other reason prohibited by law in employment.