- Category: Engineering
- Location: Dulles – VA, United States of America
- Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: None
- Telecommute: Yes- May Consider Occasional/Part-Time Teleworking for this position
- Shift: Not Applicable (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history – from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
The Tactical Space Systems Division is seeking a Manager 1 Thermal Analysis Engineer to lead an experienced team of thermal engineers supporting National Security Space spacecraft system design and manufacturing performing thermal engineering and analysis tasks.
- Leading, mentoring, coordinating a team of thermal hardware engineers.
- Thermal hardware design, analysis and test (MLI blankets, radiators, venting, heat pipes, heaters and sensors, etc)
- Document creation and management – Database creation and maintenance – Interfacing with Design and Manufacturing group to monitor component production process/progress.
- Interfacing with integration and test group to monitor component integration.
- Compilation of comprehensive parts lists using information from Bills of Materials (BOMs), engineering drawings, online databases, and data from subcontractors and suppliers.
- Spreadsheet organization and extraction.
- Candidate must be comfortable with managing staff, meeting deadlines, working on multiple projects concurrently, and working with various engineering disciplines and customers as required to build data products.
- The candidate may be occasionally requested to assist with work in a laboratory environment.
- Candidate must have good written and verbal communication skills.
- 10 years of relevant mechanical/thermal engineering experience with a Bachelors Degree in STEM; or a Masters Degree with 8 years of relevant mechanical/thermal engineering experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of relative mechanical/thermal engineering experience. – Experience with managing a team of 3-5 engineers.
- Experience with CAD tools.
- Experience with Engineering Design Principles.
- Experience with Thermal simulation tools.
- Microsoft Suite of software, including SharePoint.
- Manufacturing engineering experience.
- Mechanical Engineering Graduate Degree.
- Experience designing MLI blankets or similar spacecraft hardware.
- Experience in spacecraft integration and testing.
- Experience in CAD software (CREO, CREOView, AutoCAD).
- Database software
- Proficiency in understanding and extracting information from specifications (NAS, SAE, MS, etc.)
- Matlab basic knowledge.
- General knowledge of mechanical assemblies.
- Ability to obtain a Top secret clearance
Salary Range: 106568 – 159852
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.