Full Job Description
- 3+ years proven success designing user experiences with demonstrated impact.
- A strong portfolio demonstrating past work experience and deliverables (e.g.: study plans, reports, visual artifacts).
- Experience operating as an individual contributor in a user experience design role.
- End-to-end experience with UX design (research and analysis, concept creation, story and journey mapping, wireframing and UI design).
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
- An unfailing passion and capacity to advocate on behalf of our users.
- BS in HCDE, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, or similar, OR equivalent experience.
The Global Talent Management organization is looking for a UX designer to join our team in Arlington as part of a strategic investment to build technology that will enable Amazon to adopt the most scientific approach to Talent Management.
We are building a North American design team, and are open to partial or fully remote contributors. Travel will be required, as we try and bring the team together for collaboration when possible. Our mission is to create innovative and inclusive experiences which empower Amazonians to own their careers. We are building a new design team, with team members across North America. We’re dedicated to transforming the employee experience at Amazon, though innovative talent management products.
We build intelligent products and services that offer a consumer grade user experience and use science to manage talent development at Amazon by embracing our leadership principles culture. Our designers are responsible for creating and maintaining the key talent management experiences that are core and common across Amazon. We’re building the intelligence that will enable Amazon to retain its unique “Day One” company culture whilst growing its talent base in excess of 1 million employees.
We’re looking for a UX designer to wake up every day thinking about the employee experience at Amazon. You’ll assist teams through discovery, design, and evaluation. You’ll meet with stakeholders to understand the big questions and ideas we have, and conduct research that addresses those questions and educate the teams. You’ll consult with designers and product managers to ensure research findings are implemented as part of the product experience. You’ll facilitate brainstorming sessions based on customer problems and opportunities. You’ll use storytelling mechanisms to engage the team and bring customer problems to life. You’ll engage with our broader UX Design and User Research community, learning from them and contributing back to our collective knowledge base.
You’re an experienced UX designer who continues to learn new techniques and follows trends in the industry. You’re skilled at multi-tasking, and equally at ease facilitating collaboration sessions and designing complex product flows. You’re passionate about converting customer needs into actionable product decisions. You can stick up for the customer when needed, and make appropriate trade offs to deliver incremental value. You have a top-notch communication style that you can effectively tailor to customers, stakeholders, and leadership while defending your findings with data.
In this role, you’ll work with a cross-functional, highly capable team of designers, researchers, content strategists, product managers and engineers, inventing and iterating on end-to-end workflows and product experiences. You’ll develop your ideas with sketches, prototypes, wireframes and story boards, and confidently communicate your vision to senior executives to influence the best experience for our customers. We’re looking for someone who can bring disruptive ideas to life – you’re a skilled UI designer, with the capacity to think deeply about the architecture of the product space.
You will join a team of passionate designers to create products to address the sheer scale of HR at Amazon, while providing engaging, personal, and human experiences. You will be responsible for cultivating and crafting the vision for the next generation product suite, and leading the execution of that vision.
- Simplify and distill complex business processes into intuitive product experiences.
- Create and rapidly iterate on ideas using process flows, prototypes, wireframes, and higher-fidelity designs to effectively communicate design strategies and product flows.
- Participate in the discovery and planning of new features while helping drive the design vision across the product.
- Define information architecture across a complex product experience.
- Identify opportunities to think differently about the status quo on customer experiences, based on customer research, best practices and design thinking.
- Work closely with UX Research in the development and evaluation of personas, usability studies, and testing.
- Articulately present design vision, direction and solutions to senior leadership
- Contribute patterns, best practices, and guidelines back to our internal design system.
- Design experience in the HR industry or the public sector.
- UX Research experience.
- Experience with inclusive design.
- Experience with designing for accessibility.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.