At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history – from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems is seeking a User Experience (UX) Design to be part of the Northrop Grumman’s Learning and Communications Solutions (LCS) team located in Albuquerque, NM. LCS consists of a diverse talent pool of instructional designers, educational psychologists, software engineers, multimedia developers, user experience (UX) designers, artists, writers, and creative professionals that creates conceptual design solutions for training and information projects in digital media including immersive environments.
- Design and develop interactive web/mobile applications, multimedia training and innovative content delivery solutions for virtual and augmented reality.
- Using modern frameworks and UX best practices, the designer will apply user research, information architecture, rapid prototyping, and web development skills to design new solutions, troubleshoot and implement front-end code for existing or new systems, and deliver innovative, cost-effective solutions for a wide range of customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Human Computer Interaction, Computer Science, Human Factors or related field with 5+ years experience or Masters degree with 3 years experience or a High school Diploma / Equivalent relevant with 10 years experience may be accepted in lieu of degree.
- 5 years of work experience to include any combination of: UX design, web design, multimedia design, UX research and/or information architecture
- Experience working on complex web applications
- Extensive experience in UX research, strategy and design, information architecture, and front-end prototyping for web/mobile.
- Knowledge of usability, accessibility, responsive web design and other standard best practices
- Knowledge and practice of UX industry best practices including research methods and user-centered design
- Strong visual and interaction design proficiency, as well as a superior understanding of current front-end coding practices
- Knowledge of front-end design and development frameworks, including Bootstrap, Angular and US Web Design System
- Demonstrated proficiency designing in Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator.
- Multimedia experience with Premiere Pro, Captivate, After Effects, etc. a plus.
- Experience customizing Content Management Systems (Microsoft SharePoint, etc.)
- Proficient use of common rapid prototyping tools (Axure Pro, etc.)
- Experience designing web application interfaces in an agile environment
- Aspiration to stay on top of cutting-edge hardware, software, and interaction design
- Awareness of new trends in interactive design, web development, and digital platforms
- Excellent communication skills and a commitment to excellent customer service
Salary Range: 79600 – 119500
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. With the continuing impacts of COVID-19 around the world, we are taking action to protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we operate. As a federal contractor, and consistent with Executive Order 14042 (https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/) we will require all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated by January 18, 2022 or by your start date if it is after January 18th. Federal guidance allows for disability/medical and religious accommodations with respect to the vaccine requirement. Any requested accommodations must be reviewed and approved (if applicable) in advance of your start date.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.