Who We Are
Mayanalytics is a technology and data company that develops growth automation software for Amazon sellers. Our initial product set includes:
- Advertising management, which optimizes the performance of our customers’ campaigns to deliver higher sales and profits
- Inventory management, which utilizes forecasting based on organic and ad-driven sales to predict when inventory needs to be restocked
We are a venture-backed and Y Combinator (W21) startup that is delivering significant results for our customers across the growing e-commerce space. We are looking to expand the team! For more information about Mayanalytics, please visit www.mayanalytics.com.
We value data-driven processes through innovation, collaboration, and a passion for getting things done. For our hires, we aim to cultivate the best + diverse employees as we continue to foster a culture of open communication and transparency. We are redefining what it means to be a remote company with team members living and working across the globe. Work from anywhere and if you and other team members want to work together in Mexico, USA, Spain, wherever — we will help facilitate that. We embrace world-views, diversity in background, diversity in make-up, and diversity in thought.
We are driven and hard-working but also committed to having fun along the way with weekly virtual happy hours, semi-annual offsites, and unlimited paid time off. We embrace life-work balance. We know you have a life outside of Mayanalytics and we want to help you nurture that too. We understand that helping you stay happy and healthy are key ingredients to enable you to deliver your best work.
At Mayanalytics, we build innovative tech products that create significant competitive advantages for our customers. Transparency, quality, urgency, and intellectual honesty are central tenets of our work ethics while embracing experimentation and collaboration to produce results that customers love. The core MIT founding team brings experience across e-commerce, tech infrastructure, marketing, finance and deep expertise in the Amazon seller ecosystem. Our founder brings experience of being an early team member at the fastest U.S. startup on record to reach “unicorn” status – also operating within the Amazon ecosystem.
Helping e-commerce sellers grow their business is at the heart of what we do, from mom-and-pop sellers to large enterprises. We are looking for a UX designer that is passionate about solving customer pain points. The UX designer will be creating seamless user experiences as well as be responsible for conceiving and conducting user research, interviews and surveys, and translating them into sitemaps, user flows, customer journey maps, wireframes, mockups and prototypes. The UX designer will also be expected to design functionality of our web app product and associated sites, and iterate in accordance with user-testing to ensure a great user experience.
You are a highly collaborative team player and will work closely with a team of passionate developers, designers, and product managers to create end to end customer flows, interaction design, and visual styles for new and existing product experiences. You will be able to utilize a broad set of design skills to take projects all the way from concept to creation. We are looking for UX designers who are obsessed with customers, innately curious, and possess a natural inclination to lead these design efforts.
In addition to the above, responsibilities will include to:
- Engage with customers and the customer success team early on to seek a deeper appreciation of our customers’ business problem/goals.
- Lead our product design process – starting from early research and hypothesis, through defining requirements, creating wireframes of user flows, and testing prototypes on actual users.
- Work collaboratively with product management, visual and interaction designers, software engineers, and marketing to iterate and deliver flawlessly.
- Analyze user needs and software requirements to determine the feasibility of design given time and cost constraints.
- Be considerate and inclusive to all potential users of our product when developing experiences. We believe that a world-class brand expresses diversity, equity, and inclusion across every user experience.
- Create visual copy & media for product campaigns, customer engagement, and sales enablement material.
- 3+ years of professional UX design experience in the tech space.
- Portfolio of design work demonstrating breadth and depth in UX and visual design. This should also include approach and process.
- Experience in launching new products and features.
- Proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as Figma, Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, AfterEffects, etc.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills, including the ability to present design concepts clearly and persuasively to colleagues, partners, stakeholders, and especially to senior executives.
- Ability to work efficiently and demonstrate a bias for action in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment.
- English skills (ability to effectively communicate via written and spoken English).
Nice to Haves
- Experience designing for B2B SaaS products
- Ability to write and execute your own usability testing is a huge plus.
- Experience working at a tech company and/or start up strongly preferred.
- Unlimited paid time off (PTO)
- Fully remote – work from anywhere you’re comfortable
- Stipend for laptop & home office set up
- Semiannual company-wide offsite trips
- 401(k) investing plan
- Health benefits
- Paid maternity/paternity leave
Mayanalytics does not accept/pay fees for unsolicited resumes from third-party agencies/vendors.
As part of our dedication to our workforce’s diversity, Mayanalytics is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion.