Location Waltham, MassachusettsUS
Job ID JR-028886
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
Our dedicated team of about 16,000 employees worldwide, pioneers scientific technologies for better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
If you are seeking a meaningful, impactful, and stimulating career, look no further.
You have a curious nature and keep abreast of new developments or ideas gaining momentum in the business. You are a talented UX Designer looking to create industry leading and intuitive user experiences. You possess strong user focus and are a usability research advocate. You have an eye for clean and artful design, possess superior UX skills, and be able to translate high-level and detailed requirements into smart, functional user interfaces. You love to produce delightful user experiences in every single product you touch.
You enjoy collaborating continuously with Users, Product Management, Engineering, and other stakeholders using design thinking and other UX techniques to solve complex problems. Most of all, you want to work on software experiences that contribute to making people’s life and health better and make a difference.
Within 30 days
- Getting to know your team and the people involved
- Gaining a basic understanding of the problem space
- Designing some features that will go directly into a shipping software product
- Develop prototypes, screenshots, wireframes — whatever gets the job done
- Refine other people’s ideas and come up with your own
Within 60 days
- Participate and collaborate in concept development and design ideation for new product features.
- Quickly and thoughtfully incorporate team feedback into designs
- Produce compelling, engaging, user experiences that allow users to accomplish their tasks easily and efficiently
- Create and validate hypotheses regarding what we can build to solve user problems
- Get comfortable conducting or working with UX research to validate designs with end users
- Incorporate and contribute to our internal design guidelines, ensuring consistency across the entire product
Within 90 days
- Be a partner with Product Management and your team to define the vision for the product
- Lead and apply different methods of design thinking to understand and solve for problem spaces along different phases of a project, working directly with product owners and tech leads
- Collaborate with Product Management to understand product requirements and turn them into buildable user experiences, balancing design scope to address usability and engineering concerns with release timelines.
- Mentor and work closely with more junior level designers to offer feedback and production support
- Contribute to coordination of design systems and documentation of UX best practices
Some of the other things we care about:
- Bachelors or master’s degree in User Experience Design, Graphic Design, New Media, Interaction Design, Psychology, or equivalent experience
- 2+ year career experience in user experience and user interface design
- A strong UX toolkit demonstrated in your portfolio
- Strong ownership and leadership capabilities
- Designing digital products using a minimum viable product approach
- Incorporating User Research findings into the design process
- Experience with a variety of design tools such like: Sketch, Axure, and Figma
- Experience in agile UX methodologies, Lean UX, Agile design methods
- Experience in science, life sciences, chemistry, laboratories etc. a plus but not required
- Self-driven, curious, collaborative, and a good communicator